Cal Speedway / Speed Festival

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Cal Speedway / Speed Festival

Postby MVZ944T on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:06 am

I just want to thank all the volunteers that did an exeptional job putting this event on. Good job!!!! The run sessions for all 3 days went very well I thought. The grid set up was great , the dinner was great (the next time I get my mid section X-Rayed, will all those little bits of purple, gold, and green mylar show up?).

Too bad about the some pretty severe accidents, but at least no one got injured, although I guess Aubrey went to the hospital for a check up.

Bill Dawson needs a big attaboy for his times. WOW! 1:44!!!! In an older 930. Kicked butt on a bunch up cup cars and he was only 3-4 seconds off Blake Rosser in his GT3-R!!

Thanks,

Mike VZ
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby ronaldtrotter on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:46 am

I would like to add my thanks to the group that ran the AX at the Speed Fest. They were on schedule all day, gave us a lot of runs and I had a great time. I will say doing an AX there made me appreciate the Q. Where we have no curbs or walls to worry about, just big wide open spaces and a few pot holes.

I also need to give an apology to Kim Crosser. He was corner working during my last practice runs. That apex cone will never be the same again after hitting it on every run. He was busy on almost every one of my runs. :oops:
'82" 911 SC Targa
'86' Buick Grand National
'85' 944 Spec
2015 VW Sport Wagon TDI
ronaldtrotter
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:14 pm

Yes, what a fantastic event!

Jack, Robert, and all the other volunteers that made this happen...THANK YOU!!!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Jan Mellinger on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:32 am

My first big track event was a total blast! Thanks to everyone for your hard work to put on a great event. Special thanks to my instructor Jerry Griffin for putting up with me. :wink:

Jan
Jan Mellinger

Thanks to You...

Postby Michael Dolphin on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:44 am

On behalf of all the management and worker crew, we are appreciative of your participation and all the positive feedback -- including a couple of great suggestions that accompanied positive criticisms.

We simply could not do this without the support of volunteers AND participants. Our volunteers are getting better as we are starting to build experience and redundancy in management. Over 60% of our volunteers have now done three or more years on our crews.

Our negotiations with the Speedway progress each year as they finally start to acept us as serious customers (though we are comparatively small spenders compared to NASCAR, CHAMP, et al).

And most importantly, we have been more motivated at the end of these events by the numbers of folks who drove by us and simply said "Thank you".

And lastly, thanks to the heavenly bodies that delayed the rain for just a couple of days to accomodate our event!!

Michael Dolphin
Co-chair, 2006 Zone 8 Festival of Speed
Past President - Grand Prix Region, PCA
Autocross Chair - Zone 8, PCA
'68 912 - '77 Carrera 3.0 (Euro) - '99 996
Michael Dolphin
Autocrosser

Postby Bill Behun on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:40 pm

Yes! What a great weekend, and thanks to the volunteers so we could have a weekend like this.

It was like going to camp for me. Seeing friends, meeting new people and where everyone is sharing the experience, sharing knowledge.

I learned a lot - and my second gear will thank me for learing how to treat it better.
'80 911SC (AX FUN)
'94 968 "Practical" Porsche
Bill Behun
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions