KP 1-2-3 & 6

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby bibbetson on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:22 pm

kary wrote:
bibbetson wrote:.......... Many (maybe most) cars are not fully prepared for a given class and that can dramatically effect their BRI results even though the car/drive may be winning their class. Kary's case in point is a perfect example.

B,
I am not sure I conveyed correctly what I was saying above. I do not feel handicapped by a less prepared car for my class. I was pointing out that even with a less prepared car my car has posted good BRI results let alone overall results. Will I ever get to BRI #1 with the current car configuration, no way, but I steadily improve as I analyze my driving through data acquisition this year. If I can come close within 2 or 3 BRI positions of my overall position staying in the 3rd to 8th position I am pleased given the car configuration. If I did add another 19 points to my car that would be something....just not this year :)

Kary,

I think we said the same thing. :? My point was in general interpretation of a drivers BRI positioning. A driver shouldn't expect to be at the top of the BRI if their car isn't fully prepared for the given class.

Your results for a (barely) KI car are outstanding. I can only imagine how much you can learn from your data acquisition system. Maybe some day...

Bill
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:37 pm

bibbetson wrote:
kary wrote:
bibbetson wrote:.......... Many (maybe most) cars are not fully prepared for a given class and that can dramatically effect their BRI results even though the car/drive may be winning their class. Kary's case in point is a perfect example.

B,
I am not sure I conveyed correctly what I was saying above. I do not feel handicapped by a less prepared car for my class. I was pointing out that even with a less prepared car my car has posted good BRI results let alone overall results. Will I ever get to BRI #1 with the current car configuration, no way, but I steadily improve as I analyze my driving through data acquisition this year. If I can come close within 2 or 3 BRI positions of my overall position staying in the 3rd to 8th position I am pleased given the car configuration. If I did add another 19 points to my car that would be something....just not this year :)

Kary,

I think we said the same thing. :? My point was in general interpretation of a drivers BRI positioning. A driver shouldn't expect to be at the top of the BRI if their car isn't fully prepared for the given class.

Your results for a (barely) KI car are outstanding. I can only imagine how much you can learn from your data acquisition system. Maybe some day...

Bill

Bill, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the compliment!

You should check out the data acquisition, it is really cool.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:42 pm

Otto wrote:John:

Please refer to postings earlier in this thread noting that there is a new BRI specifically created early this year and currently being used to handicap cars in the TT setting as the AX BRI was, as you say, not appropriate for Time Trials. Hopefully BRI results for TT drivers will be more significant now, and Kary's is.

Sorry!
:oops: :oops: :oops:  :bowdown:
JP
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:50 pm

Is there a thread where I can go to see how the AX BRI was modified for TTs?
Also, can anyone tell me what time Bob Ehrman would have had to run to be #1 in BRI (instead of #21)?
Thanks
JP
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:13 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:Is there a thread where I can go to see how the AX BRI was modified for TTs?
Also, can anyone tell me what time Bob Ehrman would have had to run to be #1 in BRI (instead of #21)?
Thanks
JP

Well John, that is some simple math right off the results page:

The BRI adjusted #1 was 2:03.14. Bobs index is 1.182:

x * 1.182 = 123.14 sec

x = 123.14 sec / 1.182

X =~ 104 sec or 1:44

So all he needs to do is go about 4 seconds a lap faster :)

On the other hand I only need to turn a 1:49.6 to get there which is only an additional 2 seconds!!!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Otto on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:30 pm

Following up on Kary's calculations, here again we need to emphasize that the factors used for each class/preparation level assume a car that is fully developed for the given class / preparation level. AR-1 for example, has 94 points of allowable modifications whereas a MI car as Kary's has only 40 points of allowable modifications. However, the Index is not that far off when you think that Bill "Awesome" Dawson, who runs AR-1, posted 1:43s during the weekend, which would have placed him as No 1 in the BRI had he repeated that incredible performance during timed runs.
Otto H. Obrist
1986 944 Turbo # 577
Otto
Time Trialer

Previous

Return to General Discussions