PCA SDR convoys

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

PCA SDR convoys

Postby halfmonkey on Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm

Hi PCA SDR members. I wanted to create this thread as an ongoing place to share information for any upcoming Porsche convoys that I'm hosting. Please note that my convoys are different than the driving tours hosted by Michael. My convoys are more leisurely and typically involve more freeway driving.

Please know with your attendance, you're agreeing by negative consent that your voice, name, and/or likeness may be used without compensation in any and all media whether now known or hereafter, advised for eternity and you release Porsche Club of America and its partners, its successors, assigns and licenses from any liability whatsoever of any nature. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not attend this event.

************running dates with final destination info below****************

June 11, 2023 - Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles Morning Shift - Global celebration of Porsche's 75 year anniversary - http://msreg.com/pcasdr-pecla-convoy-june2023
August 13, 2023 - Peterson Automotive Museum We Are Porsche VIP Tour - http://msreg.com/WeArePorscheAugust2023
October 7, 2023 - Cars and Sunset - https://pcasdr.org/event/cars-and-sunset/
April 6, 2024 - Cars and Sunset - https://pcasdr.org/event/cars-and-sunset-2/ - direct registration page - http://msreg.com/CarsandSunsetApril2024
Last edited by halfmonkey on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
Richard Trang
'21 718 Spyder 39E Riviera Blue
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Re: PCA SDR convoys

Postby halfmonkey on Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 pm

June 11 - Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles Morning Shift

Here is the link for full details and to register for the first convoy of 2023 to the Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles (PECLA.) http://msreg.com/pcasdr-pecla-convoy-june2023update Registration opens on 5/18/23.

We'll be attending their Cars and Coffee event which they call Morning Shift. Normally, the event is every 3rd Sunday of every month but for the month of June, they're moving it up one week to coincide with the global celebration of Porsche's 75 year anniversary. PECLA will also be highlighting Paint to Sample cars but all Porsche's are invited. Here is a link to PECLA's website. https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles/morning-shift

There's plenty to do at PECLA so if it's your first time or your 20th time, please be sure to check out their driving experiences or make a reservation at Restaurant 917 or buy something from their gift shop or just browse their wall of Paint to Sample colors.
Last edited by halfmonkey on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:26 am

Hi. I had to update the times of the convoy as I basically need to leave 1 hour earlier because I need to be at PECLA by 7:30am. Sorry for any inconvenience. I had to cancel all of the current registrations and the old landing page is no longer valid. I've created a new landing page so if you're interested in joining, please register using the new landing page. Here is a link or you can go to Motorsportreg and search for it. http://msreg.com/pcasdr-pecla-convoy-june2023update I know this is super early but at least there won't be traffic going up and you'll be there early enough to get a parking spot inside vs having to park outside.

If you wish to NOT participate in the convoy and drive on your own without me and not as part of the early morning convoy, please know that you are no longer part of the PCA SDR official convoy regardless if you gather a group at a later time and drive to PECLA together.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:48 pm

Thank you to everybody that joined me bright and early this morning. We had a total of 24 cars in the convoy. All went well except for the rain. Luckily we actually got there early because there was a lot of people and the line of cars waiting to get in pushed passed the bridge around the corner. Our group got in. It was very cool to see all of the cars color coordinated.

PECLA had a lot of activities for attendees from caricature face painting, to a competition e-sim driving game where you actually can compete for $30,000, to a pit stop wheel change exercise to watching an employee do repeated high speed runs of the GT4 RS down the launch strip over and over and over and over again. Of course looking at all of the beautiful PTS colors was the highlight and there were plenty to look at.

I'm currently working on the next convoy which will be to the Peterson Automotive Museum. I've secured a VIP 1 hour tour of the We Are Porsche exhibit along with a visit to the Vault to view a couple of unique Porsches down here. I'm working out the details so please stay tuned for more info.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:52 pm

August 13 - Peterson Automotive Museum We Are Porsche VIP Tour

Here is the link for full details and to register for the event. http://msreg.com/WeArePorscheAugust2023 Registration opens on 6/19/23

The Peterson Automotive Museum is hosting a limited time exhibit called We Are Porsche. I've secured a private VIP Tour where we will be guided through the exhibit. The tour is expected to last about an hour and is currently expected to visit The Vault to view a handful of special Porsches in The Vault. The tour is $60 per person and parking is $17 per car.

We will convoy from San Diego to the museum. You can leave at any time and your return home drive is on your own. Hope to see you on August 13th.

Sponsored by Nick Kazerouni at Del Mar Insurance Group specializing in Porsche Auto Insurance 858-245-1149
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:26 pm

Hi. Just a quick update on the Peterson Automotive Museum We Are Porsche Spotlight Tour this coming Sunday, August 13th. We currently have about 66 people registered. If you're thinking about registering, please be aware that the registration closes on August 10 at 2pm pt as I need to give the museum a final head count.

On a side note, in case you didn't know, I believe the museum has a sit down restaurant. If you're interested in eating there, I believe you'll need to make a reservation. Please know that this is not part of the event and just a courtesy notice in case you're interested.

Lastly, the event is sponsored by Nick Kazerouni at Del Mar Insurance Group. He specializes in Porsche Auto Insurance. Feel free to give him a call at 858-245-1149. Nick will be attending the event and it's my understanding that he may be bringing some morning goodies to share so please be sure to say hi and thank you when you see him.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:31 am

October 7, 2023 - Cars and Sunset

Here is the link for full details and to register for the event: http://msreg.com/CarsandSunset2023

On October 7, 2023 PCA SDR will be trying something new with the Cars and Sunset event. Instead of waking up at 0-dark hundred to go to Cars and Conversations (which I thank all of you for doing because I know it is early,) we'll be hosting this event starting in the afternoon into the evening. The event will begin with a convoy starting at the Target parking lot in Mission Valley and end at the Silver Strand State Beach to relax and enjoy the sunset. No hunting for parking as I have a parking lot reserved for this event just for us; no public parking. The event is limited to the first 50 people; again first 50 PEOPLE NOT 50 CARS so don't delay! If we reach the 50 people limit, please continue to register as people may cancel and if I get enough people on the waitlist, I can ask the city about opening up to more people. Registration opens August 15th at midnight.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all of those that came out to the Peterson Automotive Museum We Are Porsche Spotlight Tour yesterday. We had a total of 63 people and 35 cars. We were also given a little extra treat because part of the tour included a visit to the Vault and I was told early on that once we viewed the Porsches in the Vault, we would need to return to the regular exhibit as remaining in the Vault would be an additional charge. Yesterday, they allowed us to remain in the Vault and actually continued the tour through the Vault so that was a nice surprise.

Lots of first time PCA SDR event attendees as well as first time Peterson Automotive Museum attendees too. I believe we all enjoyed the exhibit and if you weren't able to make it, please do yourself a favor and visit the museum as I believe you will enjoy it.

Thank you and see you at the next event.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:18 pm

For Cars and Sunset, as of 8/25/23, we have 25 people registered out of 50 spaces available.

As of 9/11/23, we have 41 people registered out of 50 available.

As of 9/12/23, we have 44 people registered out of 50 available.

As of 9/15/23, we have 47 people registered out of 50 available.

As of 9/19/23, we have 49 people registered out of 50 available. Once we hit our 50 people limit, please continue to sign up to go on the waitlist. You won't be charged unless someone cancels or we get enough waitlist interest to open up 50 more slots.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Postby halfmonkey on Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:59 pm

April 6, 2024 - Cars and Sunset

On April 6, 2024, PCA SDR will host the second Cars and Sunset. With the sun setting a little later, we will push our timing a little later into the afternoon for the start. The event will begin with a convoy starting at the Target parking lot in Mission Valley and end at the Silver Strand State Beach to relax and enjoy the sunset. No hunting for parking as I have a parking lot reserved for this event just for us; no public parking. The event is limited to the first 50 people; again first 50 PEOPLE NOT 50 CARS so don't delay! If we reach the 50 people limit, please continue to register as people may cancel and if I get enough people on the waitlist, I can ask the city about opening up to more people. Registration opens February 1st at midnight.

Update: As of 3/25/24 at 10:49am, we have 39 people registered out of 50 spaces available.

Update: As of 3/28/24 at 10:19am, we have 46 people registered out of 50 spaces available.
Richard Trang
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions