Warning

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby jrgordonsenior on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:28 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:
jrgordonsenior wrote:I was thinking abut trailer break-ins as I loaded some equipment last night. I do use those padlocks that are protected by a shroud, but I don't think that would really stop anyone. All one has to do is just kick the living crap out of a side wall. They're only a .030 aluminum skin over a 3/8 or maybe 1/2 inch sheet of plywood. I'm pretty sure they would separate at the wall studs if you kicked hard enough....

Those wall studs are metal and pretty close together. And, you'd be making one heck of a racket with all your kicking!! Wouldn't it be easier to just go on to the next trailer with the lesser padlocks (the whole idea)?

You're just never satisfied....If a perp had plenty of time, as yours apparently did, you could even use a protable circular saw to cut thought the walls. I don't think noise was a consideration when they hit yours. Trailers are either 16" or 24" OC steel studs. You can see the stud layout and it would be relitively easy to kick them. Also, the roof is usually even thinner materials.

My point was originally to agree with you that if they wanted in, they were going to get in....
Spec Boxster-sold
997 S-garage queen
jrgordonsenior
Autocrosser

Postby mfoley on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:17 pm

Shhhhh!!!! Don't give the bad guys any more ideas.
mfoley

Previous

Return to General Discussions