Top 10 Time Trialers at Fontana

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:22 pm

MikeD wrote:Haha, you crack me up John.

Mikey,
You "crack-up" easily!!! No pun intended! :lol:
I'm assuming that you're not doing the POC race since I see you on the PCA list?
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:28 pm

Red Rooster wrote:JP - Just so ya know... after the last TT at WSIR the wife was not happy with my timed runs..so she took my car away from me and took it to the shop...I have not seen it since....I am told I get the car back on Wed...... :wink:

Riz,
Knowing you and knowing "wifey", I'm concerned that what you're saying is the absolute truth!!! I mean what other wife packs lunch, booze, cigars and Kumhos for her husband?? God knows what else!! I don't even want to think about it!! :wink:
But, you know you're "wasting your time", right? :lol: (inside joke)
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Did both clubs last year. Don't really see the point in doing it again this year. Lots of a work and extra $$$ that I can use for Tribute (or something else). Since my car is WAAY better classed in PCA than POC I elected to run with PCA at this event over POC. So yeah, unless some miracle happens, I will not be running with POC this weekend.

Jack's going to be on Hoosiers this weekend. So he, Joe and I should be able to put together a pretty good show for D class honors.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby MikeD on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:32 pm

BTW, are you going for your PCA race license this weekend?
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:57 pm

MikeD wrote:BTW, are you going for your PCA race license this weekend?

No, no time to do that since I'm already signed up for 8 sessions per day!!! I got all the paperwork done incl. physical/EKG, letter from Vince etc., and then decided not to do PCA. If one doesn't do this event with PCA (to get licensed), what do you do? Lime Rock :roll: I'd like to get the license, but can't figure out when I'll use it. Any suggestions?
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Hey Mike,
Not sure what happened with the last post. How can I delete the extra two posts?
Thanks
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby ttweed on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:02 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:Hey Mike,
Not sure what happened with the last post. How can I delete the extra two posts?
When viewing your own posts, there should be a small "Edit" button in the upper right corner. Click on that, and there is a choice for "Delete post" in the list below the message window.

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby MikeD on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:35 pm

ttweed wrote:
When viewing your own posts, there should be a small "Edit" button in the upper right corner. Click on that, and there is a choice for "Delete post" in the list below the message window.

TT

There should also be a little X right next to the edit button. This will delete the post without have to edit it first.
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby MikeD on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:42 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:

No, no time to do that since I'm already signed up for 8 sessions per day!!! I got all the paperwork done incl. physical/EKG, letter from Vince etc., and then decided not to do PCA. If one doesn't do this event with PCA (to get licensed), what do you do? Lime Rock :roll: I'd like to get the license, but can't figure out when I'll use it. Any suggestions?

Are you kidding? A retiree like yourself? What do you do all day but sit around and watch flowers grow. You can do any number of events coming up. Portland in Jun.? Pueblo in Sept.? (Close to your son, right?) Miller Motorsports park in Sept.?

Of course your car is classed for POC so it's not as big of a deal for you. My car classing in POC sucks, so PCA makes more sense for me.
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Pete Millikin on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:10 pm

JHP - Ok bud lets let's get back to the predictions.

To stay with past practice you need to predict the ten that will beat a target time. We have the list of suspects now name the time they will beat.

Riz - You crack me up. I witnessed your wifee driving out to Willow Springs for lunch - hangs out and helps prepare lunch. Then heads for home. Just be glad when you don't do the projected times she gets the car worked on rather than looking for a driver upgrade.
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:27 pm

ttweed wrote:

TT

There IS an "Edit" button. There ain't no "delete" anywhere (at least on mine). Try deleting one of your posts and let me know what you find. Thanks, Tom
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:31 pm

MikeD wrote:
ttweed wrote:

TT

There should also be a little X right next to the edit button. This will delete the post without have to edit it first.

Sorry Mike, there's no "X". :( Try editing one of your posts.
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:38 pm

MikeD wrote:
JHPGT3 wrote:

Are you kidding? A retiree like yourself? What do you do all day but sit around and watch flowers grow. You can do any number of events coming up. Portland in Jun.? Pueblo in Sept.? (Close to your son, right?) Miller Motorsports park in Sept.?

Of course your car is classed for POC so it's not as big of a deal for you. My car classing in POC sucks, so PCA makes more sense for me.

You know the logistics of doing any of those "out of area" races are kinda daunting. If you'd like to get a group of PCA/SDR folks together to do one of those, I'll participate. Strength in numbers, man!! And, I've got the radar detector!! :D
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby lowyder993s on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:57 pm

You know the logistics of doing any of those "out of area" races are kinda daunting. If you'd like to get a group of PCA/SDR folks together to do one of those, I'll participate. Strength in numbers, man!! And, I've got the radar detector!!

How bout Miller? I've seen the way you tow... I'll give you a 4 hr head start...that way we'll meet up in Temecula :lol:
Jim
97 c2s street
76 RSR wing-thing #352 track -for sale
71 3.8 RS+ Track
lowyder993s
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:13 pm

lowyder993s wrote:
You know the logistics of doing any of those "out of area" races are kinda daunting. If you'd like to get a group of PCA/SDR folks together to do one of those, I'll participate. Strength in numbers, man!! And, I've got the radar detector!!

How bout Miller? I've seen the way you tow... I'll give you a 4 hr head start...that way we'll meet up in Temecula :lol:

The only Miller I'm interested in comes in a bottle!! :lol:
And, yes, I've seen you pass me on the freeway, Bud.
But tell me, doesn't it warm your heart to be able to pass the Old Dog occasionally, somewhere, anywhere? :wink: (uh oh, I'm in trouble now!!)
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions