Driving School

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Driving School

Postby ronaldtrotter on Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:26 pm

The driving school was awesome. Thanks Denise and for the great learning experience and fantastic organization. I don't know anyone or any place that could offer this type of course in such a relaxed and understandable format. Also a big thanks to all the instructors. Everyone I had on Saturday was understanding and fantastic. On Sunday a special thanks to Bernie and Chris. They put up with my memory problems and helped me to be comfortable on the course. In the mean time I think I got faster and faster.

Everyone I talked to had a great time and learned a bunch. Which tells me that I wasn't the only one who appreciated all that everyone did. Thanks again.

Ron Trotter
ronaldtrotter
Time Trialer

driving school

Postby Jackie C on Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:32 pm

I too had an awesome time. I felt the school ran well and on time and there was plenty of positive attitudes and enthusiasm from everyone involved. I have recently attended another driving school at a different venue and I truly appreciate how this event is run and the people who make it happen. AND instructing Paul in the CGT was just icing on the cake. Dreams really do come true :lol:
Jackie Corwin
Jackie C
Time Trialer

Postby pdy on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:40 am

It was great seeing some of the "Mostly Time Trial" Drivers out
instructing as well - Mary Jo, Mike D, Bernie, Jack, Mike G, and
probably some others I missed.

Having run this school in the past, I know how hard it is to get
instructors, and I'm sure the talent was most appreciated!
pdy
Time Trialer

Postby Kim Crosser on Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:01 pm

Kudos to Denise and everyone who helped make this a successful event - when was the last time a Driving School remained on schedule throughout the entire weekend?  :bowdown:

You have to also appreciate the volunteers who came and worked and didn't even get track time! That's a lot of time and effort for some free beer (or sodas)! :beerchug:

What a blast! :rockon:
2012 Panamera 4
2013 Cayenne
2008-2009 Treasurer
Kim Crosser
Club Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 pm

...when was the last time a Driving School remained on schedule throughout the entire weekend?

I believe the answer is: the last school that Denise ran. :wink:
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Postby Brett Souza on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:21 am

Denise,

I just wanted to send you a quick note letting you know how much Holly and I enjoyed the Performance Driving School. It exceeded our expectations and we still have huge grins on our faces!

The class was both challenging and fun. Your extraodinary organizational skills made event run efficently, allowing the students to get the most out of the weekend. All of the instructors were top notch. Please be sure to give a special thanks to your hubby! I would be remiss if I didn't thank David & Gary too. I don't think any of us realized how much we had to learn or what our cars were capable of until the end of the weekend.

Thanks for everything!
'97 993 C2 Coupe
Brett Souza

Postby Denise Dente on Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:32 pm

I hope all of you that attended the school come to the various events our club has to offer. I'm sure many of you will join us tomorrow at the autocross or I might see you on Sunday at the Off Road Tour Vince is putting on.

This is a very active club with tons to offer so come get involved. There's room for everyone.
:lol:

Denise
Denise Dente

Postby gulfporsche20 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm

Just wanted to comment on last weekends Performance Driving School.

Thank you Denise for your organization and professionalism. Being A CDI appears to be a full time job in and of itself. I also wanted to thank Greg Phillips who was my Sunday autocross instructor. Having participated in only 4 autocross prior to the school I am still at the novice level and look forward to any and all input. I really appreciate Gregs warm , humorous and positive approach. He also taught me a few new performance driving terms my favorite being "wiggle". Used to describe the tempo to navigate the slalom and esses. Greg also taught me that self inflicted road rage from blowing a shift is counter productive to faster lap times. I also wanted to thank Dan Chambers for his instruction on the Saturday mini-autocross. Dan is an enthusiastic, effective and patient communicator. Dan and Greg both made my experience a positive one as did all of the instructors I spent time with on the Saturday session.

Anyone who is on the fence about participating in either autocross events or the next Performance Driving School in April '06 should jump off and sign up as soon as possible (Performance Driving School sign up dates to be announced). I was on that fence for nearly 3 years before my first autocross and regret not getting started as soon as I bought my first Porsche. It is truely a great feeling to own a Porsche which fits your lifestyle. It's one thing to own a legendary marque, it is entirely another to begin to appreciate the limits of driving one.
John Broderick

Currently own;

1993 968 Black/Black M030 coupe

Previously owned;

2004 40th Anniversary 911 (996)
Carrera GT silver/Natural Grey

1994 968 Coupe Guards Red/Black
gulfporsche20

Return to General Discussions