Helmets! Helmets! Helmets!

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Helmets! Helmets! Helmets!

Postby JamesWilson on Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:17 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been sending new PCA members our way since the Driving School, we have been offering heavily discounted new SA2000 and taking pre-orders for the soon-to-be-released SA2005 helmets (arriving at manufacturers this week, leaving next week.....noone actually has '05 other than Simpson, and they take 10 days to ship). I have placed big orders and will restocking the store with 70-100 helmets as usual....Bell/Pyrotect, G-Force, Simpson, Sparco, and OMP (special order only). We also keep PCA-legal harnesses, Brey-Krause hardware, fire extinguishers and fire systems, roll bars, and suspension parts for many Porsches....seats and bases/brackets as well!

Don't forget to mention that you are a PCA member to get the best price possible.

Thanks Again,

James Wilson
Motorsports Operations Manager
Dave Turner Motorsports
San Diego, CA
This Space For Sale
JamesWilson
Autocrosser

Re: Helmets! Helmets! Helmets!

Postby ttweed on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:21 pm

JamesWilson wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been sending new PCA members our way since the Driving School
James- I recommended your shop to several people during tech myself, and have been a regular customer there for many years. Perhaps one of the ways Dave Turner Motorsports might show their appreciation and support for the Club is to become an advertiser in the Windblown Witness, no? I thought you were, but I looked in the last issue and didn't see any sign of you in the advertiser index.

Just a thought,
TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby JamesWilson on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:18 am

Hehe, yes we have been planning on renewing our advert in the Windblown Witness, but we have been extremely busy in the shop! It is on our list, we will have artwork shortly. Thanks
This Space For Sale
JamesWilson
Autocrosser

Postby Jad on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:19 am

I just sent my dad there and to find your address we looked in the Witness and couldn't find it, went to the PCASDR website and couldn't find it, then started searching on the web for motorcycle stores. Fortunately for you, there weren't any close and he ended up buying a helmet from you yesterday anyway, but not advertising did almost cost you that sale.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby JamesWilson on Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:17 am

Hmm that's no good. We've been at 5595 Magnatron Blvd. Ste A/B for about 4 years, another 7 at 5555 Magnatron (couple of buildings over).

I'm sorry to hear that, I try to arrange for an upcoming issue. Until then, for reference, here is our info--

Dave Turner Motorsports
5595 Magnatron Blvd. Ste A/B
San Diego, CA 92111
858-268-2244
858-268-2245 fax
www.DaveTurnerMotorsport.com with interactive map/directions!
M-F 9:30am-5:30pm
Sat by appt.
Closed Sunday
This Space For Sale
JamesWilson
Autocrosser

Postby kurquhart on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 pm

When I googled "dave turner motorsports", I got an offroad shop in Hemet:
http://daveturnermotorsports.com/

Didn't feel like driving to Hemet to shop for helmets, so I ended up at the Fun Bike Center on Convoy...
Kris Urquhart
1990 C2
2005 CS
kurquhart
Time Trialer

Postby JamesWilson on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:12 am

Take the "s" off the end and you'll have www.DaveTurnerMotorsport.com

Sorry, I've been told this thread could be viewed as a commercial post, I will stay out of it.

I apologize if you could not find our site or our location in Kearny Mesa.

-James
This Space For Sale
JamesWilson
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions