The Endless Waterpumper vs. Airhead debate

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:01 am

Mike wrote:DE drivers be sure to have your in car video cameras on as I'll be giving gratuitous point byes to all the 944 instructors.

Oh, I must be dreaming ..... A point bye? What's that? :lol:

(Although, point-byes for some 944's from 911's aren't that uncommon at TT's. Just ask Dan A. and Curt A. about that black 944Turbo! :shock: :cry: :oops: )

Thanks, Denise, for the generous offer. I'll be there scrubbing in the new tires! :wink:
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:08 am

Dan Chambers wrote:
Mike wrote:DE drivers be sure to have your in car video cameras on as I'll be giving gratuitous point byes to all the 944 instructors.

Oh, I must be dreaming ..... A point bye? What's that? :lol:

(Although, point-byes for some 944's from 911's aren't that uncommon at TT's. Just ask Dan A. and Curt A. about that black 944Turbo! :shock: :cry: :oops: )

Thanks, Denise, for the generous offer. I'll be there scrubbing in the new tires! :wink:

Oh Dan, still trying to live vicariously through Jad? Have you ever thought that maybe we are pointing Jad by so we don't have to look at that car any longer than is absolutely necessary? :D

I'm going to let you in on a little secret that is apparently not well known. Sometimes a car with more horsepower, better brakes, better suspension and wider tires is faster than a car that is 15 years older with way less horsepower, worse brakes, worse suspension, and thinner tires. Take a while, think about that. I know this turns everything in our lives upside down. But just for a moment, consider the possibility. :wink:

Now back to you busting on Dan A and I because Super Jad (apparently a super hero to the downtrodden AND 944 owners everywhere) is faster. If we are going to pick our idols and compare them to just regular club members, I'm sure you wouldn't mind me comparing Jads lap times to Pat Long's or Craig Stanton's. I mean, I have a 911 and they race 911's. Whoo hoo we 911 drivers must ALL rule because of them. :shock:

:D :D :D
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:28 am

Curt wrote:I'm going to let you in on a little secret that is apparently not well known. Sometimes a car with more horsepower, better brakes, better suspension and wider tires is faster than a car that is 15 years older with way less horsepower, worse brakes, worse suspension, and thinner tires. :D :D :D

So, a Cayenne Turbo MUST be an awesome AX car! 450+ hp, massive brakes, very high tech suspension and way more rubber than about anyone, plus its new --- must be a TTOD car using your standards :P

Or, could it be, nah, well maybe, just maybe, weight could also be a factor :?:

Look on the bright side, its pumpkin season again Curt, so your car is actually fashionable as a halloween costume for the month :lol: If only baby blue, orange and s*^* brown were a holiday, then Dan could be proud as well - better call Hallmark, they should be able to come up with something for him :shock:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby kary on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:34 am

sooo, what was the topic here....Oh yea I remember, something about instructor appreciation day, yea that was it......
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:37 pm

Curt wrote:Oh Dan, still trying to live vicariously through Jad? Have you ever thought that maybe we are pointing Jad by so we don't have to look at that car any longer than is absolutely necessary? :D

Now that's funny. Are you saying the Jad's car is an "ugly duckling?" And yes, until I have a higher HP car and can possibly chase you down myself, I'll enjoy the comaraderie of front-engine, water cooled Porsche drivers where ever they ... dominate. :shock: :lol:

Curt wrote:I'm going to let you in on a little secret that is apparently not well known. Sometimes a car with more horsepower, better brakes, better suspension and wider tires is faster than a car that is 15 years older with way less horsepower, worse brakes, worse suspension, and thinner tires. Take a while, think about that. I know this turns everything in our lives upside down. But just for a moment, consider the possibility. :wink:

Thanks, Curt. You're comments are all correct. Ironic. For years I got slammed when I complained about the HP, and weight issues between lighter, more powerful/higher HP 911's and heavier, less HP N/A 944's. I was always told "it's not about the HP, it's about the driver." Now... I wonder.... who keeps mentioning "HP advantage?" :shock: :oops: Remember, even with Jad's mod's, his 944 weighs a bit more than your stripped down 911. Now, I'll let you "consider the possibilites." :evil:

Okay, Kary's right. I high-jacked the thread. I'm busted. Sorry Denise, and happless readers.

Let's all have fun at the DE! Thanks for the generous offer, CDI's!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:19 pm

:lol: Its already hijacked, when in Rome...

"If only baby blue, orange and s*^* brown were a holiday, then Dan could be proud as well - better call Hallmark, they should be able to come up with something for him"

Ok, that was funny... :lol: It is unfortunate you didn't show up at Pahrump Capt. , I think the tide may be turning... :shock:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:10 pm

kary wrote:sooo, what was the topic here....Oh yea I remember, something about instructor appreciation day, yea that was it......

Uh oh, guys lets not make Kary pull the car over and discipline us. Maybe if mom could sing some campfire songs with us we'll be better behaved?

Words cannot express how deeply sorry I am for this thread taking a turn away from the stated topic. A topic which some may believe was covered in it's entirety in the very first post. :!:

Of course, I'm only joking :D :D :D :D :D :D :D but, isn't the 944 vs the 911 and the 993 vs 996 relevant to every single topic we bring up? Exactly :wink:
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:29 pm

Curt wrote:... but, isn't the 944 vs the 911 and the 993 vs 996 relevant to every single topic we bring up? Exactly :wink:

If I didn't know you all knew (in your hearts even if you don't admit it in public) that the Boxster is the World's Most Perfect Porsche, I would feel left out. But strangely enough, I do not feel left out at all. :o
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:31 pm

Curt wrote:
kary wrote:sooo, what was the topic here....Oh yea I remember, something about instructor appreciation day, yea that was it......

Uh oh, guys lets not make Kary pull the car over and discipline us. Maybe if mom could sing some campfire songs with us we'll be better behaved?

Words cannot express how deeply sorry I am for this thread taking a turn away from the stated topic. A topic which some may believe was covered in it's entirety in the very first post. :!:

Of course, I'm only joking :D :D :D :D :D :D :D but, isn't the 944 vs the 911 and the 993 vs 996 relevant to every single topic we bring up? Exactly :wink:

Curt, unfortunately there are two questions in this thread that have not been answered around the original topic. Though I am sure they will be lost for others that could answer the questions due to the off topic responses and their unwillingness to wade through the endless crap in this thread (including this post I am making). But then that is just my opinion, I am sure there are others such as yours.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:38 pm

Right, there are two questions that haven't been answered, maybe even three. But who was the first person who took this thread off topic?

Kary look very closely into this......

:D
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Problem solved.... for I am root ;)
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:48 pm

Yeah but you left the first off topic response in the thread out of this new "spin-off" thread. You know, the response that made my last post make sense and made Kary's complaint about how the thread had gone off topic just slightly ironic?

I'm not so sure this spin off thread idea is a good one. Don't they say absolute power corrupts absolutely? :lol:
Last edited by Curt on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:48 pm

Curt wrote:Right, there are two questions that haven't been answered, maybe even three. But who was the first person who took this thread off topic?

Kary look very closely into this......

:D

Yes Curt, by telling Mike his new RSR looked great I threw the entire thread off topic and drove you and your buddies to continue the mindless bantering back and forth about water pumpers and air heads. Wow, I hadn't realized the power I have with just one post.
I will be more careful next time :roll:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:05 pm

OK, so my first attempt wasn't so smooth.... :oops: But I think I got it now.

Curt, just keep in mind that in this context I can put words in your mouth. ;)
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:26 pm

Sorry Kary, but my "buddy" that took that other thread (that is now partially this thread) more off-topic than you did is some guy named Dan Chambers. Have you heard of him? I believe he helps the club with something or other, oh that's right.... he is the clubs Vice-President. I wouldn't call him "mindless", did you mean hairless? :D

"Mindless bantering"? How nice of you to say.

By the way, I am happy to call the guys in this club who enjoy joking around and get it, my buddies. 8)
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Next

Return to General Discussions