Socials and Tours

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby RickK on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:02 pm

Dave,
Right, the majority of the membership obviously feels that autoX is not for them, does that mean the club should stop offering autoX events? Of course not, those members simply do not come out to the Q on weekends with us. When it comes to socials, tours, etc. the club also has to cater to those members who show up for the events. Essentially a poll has been taken everytime the club holds an event and people turn up for it. Could there be other or more people showing up for other events the club is not currently offering, yes and the club officers and chairs seem open to hearing ideas for new events. They don't happen by themselves though. Since the main purpose at tours and socials is the driving, eating or socializing with friends I simply do not understand the issue with there being alcohol available. I am not a big drinker, I never have a beer after an autox and I can't imagine anyone being forced to drink via peer pressure or any other pressure at a PCASDR event. It is just socializing and like it or not alcohol is a part of our society.
RickK
Time Trialer

The neverending thread.

Postby pyro57 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:28 pm

Rick,

I agree with what you say. But if a statement is made that everyone wants alcohol at an event then there should be data to back it up. If there is no data just say "in my opinion" and you have quantified your position. What I was saying is that I "personnally" don't "feel" that every venue need to be geared toward alcohol. Not that it never should be served or that it should not be served at all events. Gotta go to a meeting (no not AA).

Thanks for responding, Dave
Dave King SCWDP
'78 sc
'98 M3 E36 dynan
'79 Jeep CJ5
pyro57

Postby ceokid on Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:00 pm

Do we need to RSVP for this event?
ceokid

Postby paul-silver on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:10 pm

ceokid wrote:Do we need to RSVP for this event?

If you're referring to the Brewery Tour, the answer is no RSVP needed. Just show up Saturday morning at 8am at the Macoroni Grill parking lot at North County Fair mall in Escondido.
Paul Silver
'02 Artic Silver BoxS
paul-silver
Autocrosser

Previous

Return to General Discussions