Looking for used Kumho Victoracer for the DE

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Looking for used Kumho Victoracer for the DE

Postby martinreinhardt on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:03 am

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have 2 used 255/40 or even 275's 17" Victoracer's for sale? It doesn't mather how old the rubber is, I just want to go to the DE with them.
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby Pete Millikin on Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:45 pm

Older, rattier rubber the better

I can see it now, Martin spinning in my rear view mirror!
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:00 pm

If my new Toyos arrive, you can have 2 of the old ones.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:06 pm

Martin:

Have you got any street tires for the C2? If you've got some older street tires, I'd use them (this is what I do for DE's since it's not a "competition").

How are the tires on your Boxter? Can you "borrow" those tires for the DE? Will the offset work on those wheel to your C2?

Just some ideas.....

I hope to see you out there on Sunday. Your C2 always sounds so good when it passes me .... unlike those annoying early 911's ......like the one's painted "Halloween" orange or "Clown" blue and orange from up north :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Dan 8)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Steve Grosekemper on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:15 pm

Dan, Do I read this correctly?

I hope to see you out there on Sunday. Your C2 always sounds so good when it passes me .... unlike those annoying early 911's ......like the one's painted "Halloween" orange or "Clown" blue and orange from up north

So you think your UPS truck sounding hatchback sounds better than an early 911 engine?

What planet are you from man?
Steve Grosekemper #97
http://www.911SG.com
https://www.facebook.com/911steveg/
https://www.instagram.com/steve911sg/
PCA-SDR Tech Advisor/Scrutineer/Forum-Admin
1997 993S & 986S street cars & 911SC track car.
Steve Grosekemper
Admin

Postby martinreinhardt on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:18 pm

Pete: Hehehe old tires, that's my excuse :) But, I think it's your turn again to be the spin-meister. Dan A. and I did enough of that at the last DE.

Jad: Thanks for the offer, the Toyo's sound good. Let me know

Dan: Thanks I love the sound of the 964 too. Unfortunately, I don't have street tires for the 911 and the water-pump has almost new Kumho MX's on it and I am trying to save my good set of Toyo RA1s and the new set of Kumho Victoracers for timed events. So I wanted to use my set of trasher Victoracers but the rears are corded. :(

Depending on how bad I want to drive on Sunday, I may try to see what the Toyo's are made of :) They have been on the car since Buttonwillow.
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:12 pm

Dan Chambers wrote:I hope to see you out there on Sunday. Your C2 always sounds so good when it passes me .... unlike those annoying early 911's ......like the one's painted "Halloween" orange or "Clown" blue and orange from up north :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Dan 8)

Now we know you're delusional Dano. We never pass you on the track, because we don't run in the Pink group.
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Steve Grosekemper on Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:59 am

Pink group.

LOL, now that's funny!
I am so jealous I didn't come up with that one!

Curt you are in a league of your own!
Steve Grosekemper #97
Steve Grosekemper
Admin

Postby Dan Chambers on Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:56 pm

Steve Grosekemper wrote:Dan, Do I read this correctly?

I hope to see you out there on Sunday. Your C2 always sounds so good when it passes me .... unlike those annoying early 911's ......like the one's painted "Halloween" orange or "Clown" blue and orange from up north

So you think your UPS truck sounding hatchback sounds better than an early 911 engine?

What planet are you from man?

Uh, no Steve, you actually didn't. Read it again, Comprehension-Boy. I said I like the sound of Martin's car better than those of the Orange County boys. What Reading Comprehension school are you from?

As to Curt, Touche! Now that you've proven your Trash-Talk skills, how 'bout you come out and prove you're driving skills :oops: ..... Oh, I forgot; you spend so much time behind your computer (staring at your pictures of Brad Pitt?) instead of your steering wheel, you have no driving skills! :shock: Of course, you could always come out to the Q and show us otherwise. :roll: Why don't you try a 944Spec Challenge and show us what you've got, Pink-Reference Boy? Or would you prefere to stay at home with your computer and offer us up a bunch of excuses instead? :oops: Talk is cheap; driving says it all.

So, see you Sunday at the Q, tough-talker?

(Waiting for the excuses to flow in.......... :roll: )

D-
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:08 pm

Easy now Dan. I used to think I was a really fast driver when I used to drive a slow car. I was winning Autocross championships in F and G class before you even joined the club. I even used to instruct back then when it got you out of cornerworking. :wink:

Excuses? Yeah, I sometimes make them to people who beat me. By the time that happens with you, I'll have had a ton of time to come up with an excuse. I haven't even felt the need to start thinking about getting ready to begin trying to think about getting ready to think about an excuse for when you beat me. Please try and remember, you are not Jad. :D

I won't be there with a race car on Sunday, but might come just to watch. My excuse is that my car doesn't have a motor or trans in it. Other than that bogus reason, I have no good reason to have missed Pahrump and the DE.

By the way, very few cars sound as good as an early 911 at 7300 rpm. I think that's where Steve's reading comprehension threw him off. He understood the words you wrote as English, it's just that those words had never been used in that order, in the history of Porsche's, or English. He'd never heard anyone say that a later 911 sounds as good as an early one. Heck, he's probably never heard anyone rave about how comfortable burlap underwear is, but after your engine noise comment he's probably expecting it from you now. You do prefer burlap to cotton to house your boys, right Dano?:wink: :D :D :D

Too much time behind the computer? You have 100 more posts than me Mr. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in the making. You gotta get off that computer chair more often Dan, you're going to get that secretary spread going on back there. :shock:
Last edited by Curt on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Steve Grosekemper on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:35 pm

Yes Dan I did read it correctly, just wanted to give you a little grief!

There are few things that sound as sweet as an early 911 near redline. But don't worry Dan I'll make you a CD of one of my track day sound tracks and you can pop it in the 944 and feel like a real racecar driver.

And for you Curt don't get too discouraged, I am just preping my 911SC for powertrain reinstallation after 2.5 years! I feel your pain...
And forget about the 944 reacer idea... you'll have to spend $50,000 on the stereo to get it to sound like the 911.
Steve Grosekemper #97
Steve Grosekemper
Admin

Postby Dan Chambers on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:32 am

Curt wrote:Easy now Dan. I used to think I was a really fast driver when I used to drive a slow car. I was winning Autocross championships in F and G class before you even joined the club. I even used to instruct back then when it got you out of cornerworking. :wink:

Excuses? Yeah, I sometimes make them to people who beat me. By the time that happens with you, I'll have had a ton of time to come up with an excuse. I haven't even felt the need to start thinking about getting ready to begin trying to think about getting ready to think about an excuse for when you beat me. Please try and remember, you are not Jad. :D

Of course I'm not Jad. Although, he has taught me well. When Tim C. ran a couple of 944Spec Challenges, only Jad, Steve G., and Chris O'. were able to best my times. Am I fast? I'll let someone else determine that....... and the record. :lol:

curt wrote: I won't be there with a race car on Sunday, but might come just to watch. My excuse is that my car doesn't have a motor or trans in it. Other than that bogus reason, I have no good reason to have missed Pahrump and the DE.

Actually, I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope you get her fixed soon.
curt wrote:By the way, very few cars sound as good as an early 911 at 7300 rpm. I think that's where Steve's reading comprehension threw him off. He understood the words you wrote as English, it's just that those words had never been used in that order, in the history of Porsche's, or English. He'd never heard anyone say that a later 911 sounds as good as an early one. Heck, he's probably never heard anyone rave about how comfortable burlap underwear is, but after your engine noise comment he's probably expecting it from you now. You do prefer burlap to cotton to house your boys, right Dano?:wink: :D :D :D

50-grit, actually. don't all real men?

curt wrote:Too much time behind the computer? You have 100 more posts than me Mr. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in the making. You gotta get off that computer chair more often Dan, you're going to get that secretary spread going on back there. :shock:

So, after staring at Bradd Pitt, your now checking out my bu++? Dude, you're scaring me. :shock:

Steve Grosekemper wrote:Yes Dan I did read it correctly, just wanted to give you a little grief!

Sure, Steve..... :wink:
Steve Grosekemper wrote:There are few things that sound as sweet as an early 911 near redline. But don't worry Dan I'll make you a CD of one of my track day sound tracks and you can pop it in the 944 and feel like a real racecar driver.

No, no. Please, no. I know 944's might sound like "geese f@rts on a muggy" but I'll take that over the sound of a 911, simply because I have a reflex reaction to 911 audables: my left forefinger goes out the window for a "pass" signal before I have a chance to stop it! 911 sounds behind me often elicit this response. :lol:

Steve Grosekemper wrote:And for you Curt don't get too discouraged, I am just preping my 911SC for powertrain reinstallation after 2.5 years! I feel your pain...
And forget about the 944 reacer idea... you'll have to spend $50,000 on the stereo to get it to sound like the 911.

I'd rather buy an RS America with 50K.

Okay, so I was trying to goad the OC boys into coming down to the Q for the DE. Sorry that I didn't know about Curt's car troubles (please accept my apologies), was hoping Dan A. Would threaten to be there, and Steve G., ..... well he just got pulled in to this thread by the chance at good smack-talk and greif-giving. I'm sure he'll be there, 911 noise and all other manner of goodies in tow.

Curt, If you do come to watch, stop by my pits, I'll be happy to let you instruct me on how to improve my skills :wink: . You're welcome to Instruct from behind the wheel, if you like. (Of course, you'll have to prove to me you'd recognize the wheel, first.) Seriously, stop by and say hi.

See you all at the Q.

Dan'o
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:17 am

My car troubles are really self induced Dan, it was running perfectly. Most of the OC boys took their cars to the dyno in mid August and all these years Dan has been insisting I had 25 hp more than him and he was somehow still beating me. Let's just say there was a 50 hp swing in the opposite direction of what we all expected.

Now my excuse is that I don't know how I kept up close to any of these AM boys with such a wimpy motor. Let's just say, that in looking at results from Buttonwillow, I didn't lose to a single car that was older than mine or a single car that had less hp than mine. Maybe I'm not quite as crappy a driver as I like to joke about? Good old Dan A, beat me by 1/2 second with 25 more hp, 25 more lbs of torque and Kumho 710's that are supposed to be 2 secs a lap faster than Victoracers. We have equally crappy brakes, but my car is a little lighter and my suspension was better.

Anyway, I'm bumping my compression up to 10:1 and putting in more aggressive cams than stock S cams. That should get me the same hp as Dan and Mick and then when I pull out the straight pipes for their extra 20 hp boost, they will quake in fear. :roll: :D

I'm very good friends with my mechanic so this is the Photoshop I sent him after dyno day. I can't figure out why my motor isn't done yet. :roll: :D

Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Dan Chambers on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:05 am

Curt wrote:
Now my excuse is that I don't know how I kept up close to any of these AM boys with such a wimpy motor. Let's just say, that in looking at results from Buttonwillow, I didn't lose to a single car that was older than mine or a single car that had less hp than mine. Maybe I'm not quite as crappy a driver as I like to joke about? Good old Dan A, beat me by 1/2 second with 25 more hp, 25 more lbs of torque and Kumho 710's that are supposed to be 2 secs a lap faster than Victoracers. We have equally crappy brakes, but my car is a little lighter and my suspension was better.

Darn it,Curt. :evil: I guess I can't give you "a ration" about your driving if you're keeping up with your AM bretheren under such low HP conditions. I guess I'll have to think of something else to rib you on. :roll:

Nice pic of the motor. You know, if it was a smaller, fatter rodent, it would work in a 944! :lol: :lol:

Hope your car is running soon. Best of luck. :wink:

Dan'o
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:07 am

I find adding a few espresso beans in with the other nuts helps the 944 squirrels... :lol:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Next

Return to General Discussions