Looking for used Kumho Victoracer for the DE

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Dan Chambers on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:12 am

Jad wrote:......with the other nuts ........

Are you talking about the rodent food, or the 944 drivers? :shock:
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:36 am

Works for the rodents in the 944 or the drivers of RSA's like Burl Mr Starbucks East.....
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:03 pm

Curt wrote:Now my excuse is that I don't know how I kept up close to any of these AM boys with such a wimpy motor. Let's just say, that in looking at results from Buttonwillow, I didn't lose to a single car that was older than mine or a single car that had less hp than mine. Maybe I'm not quite as crappy a driver as I like to joke about? Good old Dan A, beat me by 1/2 second with 25 more hp, 25 more lbs of torque and Kumho 710's that are supposed to be 2 secs a lap faster than Victoracers. We have equally crappy brakes, but my car is a little lighter and my suspension was better.

Oh brother, guess I should chime in here... :roll: To here you talk it sounds like you were driving an Edsel while dragging a tractor...with its brakes on...in the snow....uphill... :lol: On any straight, on any track, our cars are dead even.

FYI..You can only downplay suspension & weight to someone who doesn't know any better.. :wink: ..710's are about 1 sec faster according to reviews...And Alan annihalated us with a 3.0L, Victoracers and LESS hp than me....In case you missed the drift, it doesn't take more HP to beat me... :shock:
I am just glad the excuse catagory is dwindling down, but I am sure you will come up with something creative... :lol:

I'll be at the DE, I am looking forward to seeing Mike G's beast and getting my point by on camera... :lol:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:03 am

gulf911 wrote:
Oh brother, guess I should chime in here... :roll: To here you talk it sounds like you were driving an Edsel while dragging a tractor...with its brakes on...in the snow....uphill... :lol: On any straight, on any track, our cars are dead even.

Oooof! :shock: You 911 drivers are rough on each other! :o Where's the love? :( Can't we all just get along? :roll:

gulf911 wrote:I'll be at the DE, I am looking forward to seeing Mike G's beast and getting my point by on camera... :lol:

Great! Looking forward to seeing you out there. I'll stop by the Krispie Kreme's on the way in :wink:! One dozen or two?

(Actually, it' s ploy to help Dan gain weight and slow him down, so Curt .... " with his 'puny' engine.......pulling a piano.... in the snow..... up hill both ways....... in the dark...... with an opera singer in the passenger seat......... in a tornado's headwind ........ wearing a lead-filled race suit......." can catch him. :wink: )

Dan A., see you there, and Curt, hope you stop by for a visit.

Dan'o

PS - Can't seem to find the Pink Run-Group Flag in the trailer. :roll: Curt, did you take it, again? :nono:
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:19 am

You are right Dano, I am ashamed of myself... :bigcry:

"I'm bumping my compression up to 10:1 and putting in more aggressive cams than stock S cams."

What I should have said is: It will take a lot more than that!... :lol:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions