Goodyear is releasing a DOT stickie

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Goodyear is releasing a DOT stickie

Postby Brad Roberts on Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:24 pm

I was leaving the NHRA Nationals at Pomona this past Saturday and walked past the Goodyear trailer.. low and behold.. a new contender will be offered early next year for the DOT stickie tire crowd. This will be direct competition for AVON/Hoosier/Kumho. The reason it caught my eye: I thought it was a Hoosier sitting in the Goodyear tire trailer. The new name is Eagle RS. Not sure about compounds or anything like that, but Roger Kraus Racing says they will be in $160-$200 range for the 17's.

Should be fun.

B
Brad Roberts
Time Trialer

Postby Denise Dente on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:47 pm

Brad,

We are having the head marketing person from Kumho tires come to the DE this Sunday, Nov. 12 to present their current and future line up. He's going to do about a 45-min. presentation. He'll take the discussion in any direction including race and street set-ups.

I'm hoping to get a big crowd for this so Kumho will "support" more PCASDR events. I hope to see lots of PCASDR members on Sunday at noon. :lol:

Denise
Denise Dente

Postby Brad Roberts on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:21 am

We will be there. I'll beat him up with questions.. ha ha. Birgit is signed up in our Boxster Spec car for both days. Hopefully we can talk you into instructing her.

Thanks for the heads up on the Kumho guy.

B
Brad Roberts
Time Trialer

Postby Bob Gagnon on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:38 am

Bob Gagnon
Time Trialer

Postby Brad Roberts on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 am

No. None of them are available. Goodyear released the name and sizes, but no tires. They had issues with the first ones out of the mould so they held back on production. This information is straight from the Goodyear Racing tire distributor for NorCal (Roger Kraus) I called a local wholesale Goodyear street tire place yesterday and they said to call the racing tire distributor.

B
Brad Roberts
Time Trialer

Postby Bob Gagnon on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:48 am

Sounds like another unexpected delayed availability ala the Kuhmo 710.

Note in the availability column on their website that all the tires should have been available by the fourth quarter of 2005 and the first quarter tires are not here yet.
Bob Gagnon
Time Trialer

Postby Denise Dente on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:21 pm

I'm so glad you and Birgit are coming out. :lol: It's always good to have a fast girl beat up on those Boxster Boys. New tires.... GREAT IDEA... After driving the GT3 with V710 it was a real wake up call to drive (or something like drive) on those old rocks that came with the car.

Steve and I will be in Las Vegas on Sat. but will be there on Sunday. See ya then. Welcome to the club.

Denise
Denise Dente

Postby Brad Roberts on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:16 pm

Bob,

you nailed it. I stopped keeping track of the number of companies that have "released" product and collected money BEFORE the product was available for public use. At least GoodYear didnt collect money :)

Thanks Denise. This weekend should be fun!!

B
Brad Roberts
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions