PCASDR PROMOTES DRINKING & DRIVING...

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

PCASDR PROMOTES DRINKING & DRIVING...

Postby Gary Burch on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:31 pm

Everyone that is planning on going to the AWARDS DINNER Jan. 7, 2006 needs to get their reservations in.

The event will be STREAMLINED, by that I mean it will actually be fun, not the usual parade of awards, back slapping, and feint applause. The DRIVERS AWARDS will be given at the dinner. The fomat will be alot like the after autocross presentations, relaxed and informal. Tables may be reserved, they seat 10.

The drinking and driving part...

Morgan Run has a block of rooms for PCA members and a shuttle to the dinner. They also have a golf course. So if anyone would like to get a tournament organized for Sunday, the day after, we can get a reduced green fee, carts included. Drinking is not mandatory, unless you drive and putt like me.

More information is on the website.
Gary Burch
Club Racer

Postby martinreinhardt on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:37 pm

Just to make sure.

This year (like two years ago) we have the Drivers Awards with the http://www.pcasdr.org/schedule/documents/Gala_ad.pdf correct?

I am asking because it doesn't mention Drivers Awards 2006 on the flyer :?
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:37 pm

Martin, and all Drivers, Rally-ers, etc:

The Awards Ceremony will be a part of the Charity Gala/ Board of Directors Installation / Awards banquet.

So, for only $50.00 PP you can salute the old Board Members and Officers, hale the incoming Board Members and Officers, bid on very cool offerings at the Auctions (silent and live), and be recognized for a great driving season if you are an award winner; as well as enjoy fine food, live music to dance to, and generally have a grand time in the Porsche Club tradition.

The attire will be suit/tie optional (dress slacks and nice shirt ala business casual is accepted), and ladies are encouraged to wear nice "cocktail-casual dress." It's not a Black Tie optional event, so "having nothing formal to wear" won't be an issue.

Gary and the AX crew will be recognizing those award-winning drivers at the AX level, and I'm sure jack Miller will be there to do the same for the TT event winners.

This is going to be a more intimate, more casual, less formal affair than what has historically occurred. It will have a really fun, casual air and theme. I strongly encourage everyone to sign up early, as space is going to be a little tight this year. Those buddies that plan to go might want to reserve a table of 5-couples (10 people) to be sure everyone they expect to hang with get a seat.

As always, there will be some very nice stuff at the auction: car parts, dinners, goodies, wine baskets, etc. All proceeds to go toward our Charity interests.

So, come on down! No excuses! Have fun, party with your buddies, be recognized by the club for great driving, and have a great time with your PCA friends and competitors. And you can take a shuttle back to your hotel, provided by the local hotel.

See You There!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Return to General Discussions