Is it possible to buy a cup car at dealer, and deliver there

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Is it possible to buy a cup car at dealer, and deliver there

Postby TheStig on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:45 pm

Hey guys just outta curiousity...

Is it possible to say, run down to Pioneer Centres or Hoehn and buy a 997 GT3 Cup Car and have it delivered to the dealer to pick up without getting like some sort of European Delivery as a mandatory option? :lol:

of course I don't think the car would get very far unless CHP's are deaf around town :roflmao:
Andy Serrato AKA "MONGO"
1986 Porsche 944 #382 Up For Sale - Inquire Within!
1987 Porsche 928 S4 If it's too loud, you're too old!Image
TheStig
Time Trialer

nope....

Postby Chris Huck on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:46 pm

and I'm BUMMED about that!

You have to call Porsche Motorsports in Santa Ana.

Chris Huck
www.pioneerporsche.com
Chris Huck
http://www.San-Diego.PorscheDealer.com
Porsche Sales since 1997
619-339-3537
Chris Huck
Admin

Postby kary on Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:57 pm

I have looked into this in the past and found that you need to get on the list early as the car are called for very quickly. That are not that many and there are many people that want them and can afford to but them.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby martinreinhardt on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:19 pm

If you want a used one get it from europe, they are less expensive over there. Or checkout http://www.euro-rs.com/

Note: Requirment for import is the Porsche Wagenpass

New cup cars are not sold to regular buyers without a valid race license and being a member of a racer series like the CarreraCup or IMSA etc.

This is where the in USA missing since the 70's "RS model" come in. You can buy a GT3RS wich is a street legal and more comfortable CarreraCup (cost GT3 + approx 50k) :lol:
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby Bob Gagnon on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:25 pm

It is too bad that Porsche retracted their promise to export all variants to the USA and we did not get the GT3 RS. It joins the Carrear RS 2.7, 964 RS and the 993 RS and Mark 1 GT3 in this regard.

The problem is not with Porsche though, it may be with Porsche Cars North America. I say this because my USA Carrera Cup, which is essentially a 964 European RS, was easily imported into the USA when they wanted to do it.

I had the opportunity at the San Diego Parade to ask Fred Schwab, the CEO of PCNA at the time, why he didn't bring in the Euro RS. His answer was that he didn't want to take the risk they would not sell.

I guess that gets to the real heart of the problem, the market is always soft for the RS type car in the USA. So, "WE", the market are the real problem, not Porsche or PCNA.
Bob Gagnon
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions