BIG Thanks to Gary on his "That's all Tour"

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

BIG Thanks to Gary on his "That's all Tour"

Postby Rsylvestri on Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:33 pm

Gary,

I wanted to thank You and all the AX/DE crew for all the effort you've put in this year with AX's and DE's. I didn't make many of the events this year but the few I was able to make were run with good support and seemed you handled anything thrown at you (except those Black Target radiation pants;) )
Had a great AX / DE this weekend and was fun throwing & roping the track, it really made the overall weekend more enjoyable giving and not just receiving.....hint, hint to others.
From just this weekeend I've decided to participate/ volunteer in more of the PCA functions in the comng year.
Good on Ya Mate... :beerchug:
Rick
'76 Carrera 3.0 #418 CC07
'95 993 C4, sold
'77 911S targa 3.2
'09/'10/'11/12' TT Tech chair
Rsylvestri
Time Trialer

Postby ttweed on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:17 am

I'll second that! It's been a pleasure working with you, Gary. :D We've seen many interesting and fun AX track designs these last few years, and the DE at the Q program has been great. Your calm and efficient management of the events has been seamless, and your ready sense of dry, sarcastic humor, even under stress, never ceases to amaze me, making it all the more enjoyable.

Thx,
TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby Gary Burch on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:49 am

Thanks Guys,

The real credit goes to ALL the volunteers that make these things happen. I know if I tried to thank everyone I would leave some one out. But, recognition is not the reason we do this. It's to make the event as good as possible. The real benefit is getting to know people and developing friendships through the work and time spent.

All in all, at the end of the day we can look back at a job well done. That makes that cold beer taste even better. Not that it is mandatory to have a beer. Wine is OK too. :beerchug:
Gary Burch
Club Racer

Postby Mike on Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:33 pm

Thanks Gary, you were great as King of the Q.
Hope you continue to be involved with the PCA racing program.
All the best,
Mike
Mike
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions