R&T tech session?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Jad on Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:23 pm

After I take my last ~80 lbs out, I am done as long as I stay in KP. The next slope would be full race prep with chip, no bumpers, no radio, no heater, etc etc, real race tires, bigger turbo, etc. :mrgreen: A KI car to give a run for TTOD honors when JGW and his GT2 aren't there :roll:

Feel free to bring all the lead you want, and you can even forget and leave it in the trunk like Martin did :lol: :lol: :lol: Too bad he figured it out before timed runs.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby martinreinhardt on Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:09 pm

Hey Jad open-wheel cars are not allowed in KP, therefore you have to keep the fenders and bumpers :lol:

This winter I will go into more details with weight removal: Unused electric wires and the last piece from the AC barried inside the dash will go. After than, there is only one more thing I can do and stay in KP and that is ... headers :wink:
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby bobbrand on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:40 pm

I have to admit that I felt kind of bad giving Jad a hard time about weighing his car with all of the stuff in it, like the half case of drinks he had in the back :-)

But, then it turned out I heard that all of that stuff weighed 108# (the diff between the first and second weights), so I think it was a good exercise to take that out. In any case, I will confirm that the second weight was as Jad races it on auto-x, with almost full tank. No sandbagging.

I'm at work now, but I have my weight sheet at home. It was 2900+ lbs. w/ full tank minus the gas to get to R&T, so I am still safely in 4pt zone based off of 3031 C2 base weight. (I had street wheels and tires on too).
bobbrand
Autocrosser

Postby Dan Chambers on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:25 am

I, too, wish to thank Doug for a great Tech Session. Very informative, and nice to see so many SD people drive up.

With the different seats, different bumpers, and 1/2 tank of gas, I was pleasantly surprised to find I still have about another 100# to go .... before I'm down to curb weight!

So, the 4-points I've been taking for weight-reduction ..... history :twisted: !

(Interesting to note: Jad's car weighed as much as mine, with his car interior fully gutted, and with fibre-glass parts [and that fine paint-job from Krylon], seats, etc., etc., ... while mine is still very "street comfy". Dang!)

Thanks again everyone!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:18 am

[quote="Dan Chambers"]
(Interesting to note: Jad's car weighed as much as mine, with his car interior fully gutted, and with fibre-glass parts [and that fine paint-job from Krylon], seats, etc., etc., ... while mine is still very "street comfy". Dang!)
[quote]

Enjoy your comfy ride while you are finishing your laps in the pink group while I am in the pits drinking a beer with my trophy :P
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:06 pm

Jad wrote:
Dan Chambers wrote:(Interesting to note: Jad's car weighed as much as mine, with his car interior fully gutted, and with fibre-glass parts [and that fine paint-job from Krylon], seats, etc., etc., ... while mine is still very "street comfy". Dang!)

Enjoy your comfy ride while you are finishing your laps in the pink group while I am in the pits drinking a beer with my trophy :P

Now.... is that anyway to treat a fellow water-bucket driver? Shheese! You'd think I was in the 911/AM crowd with such abuse! I was pointing out how difficult it was for you to remove weight from your car, and how good your victories over lawn-blowers has been at TT's with all that weight. And you serve up smultz in return? Hrumph!

Below: observe satyrical rhetoric.........not intended to offend, much.

"Pink" run group? (Hmmmm...... I wonder if my trophies will have tassles? :shock:) Actually, I've run in the "Pink" run group several times this year at A-X's .... along with the Dieter's car, the C2's/968/944 Turbos, the RS America's, the Kinninger "Hope-killer," ..... Oh wait, wait..... that was the "Red" run group, wasn't it? :lol: :lol: (Think I'm kidding, check the records :wink:) Isn't "Pink" a shade of "Red", anyway?

As to having a beer .... usually you're "hangin' out drinking an' braggin'" while the real men (and women, in Monica's and Stephanie's case) are loading the trailer and actually helping :shock: . "Hangin,' drinkin,' and watchin'" others work would be a good definition of "Pink" run group members in my book........ (Buncha slackers!):roll:

I gotta get that Pink flag back from Curt.......

(Pink run group...... why I oughtta........)
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Gary Burch on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:59 pm

Hey, I think I'm in the PINK run group.
Gary Burch
Club Racer

Postby Jad on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:50 am

Sorry Dan, I mis-interpreted your meaning. Happy Thanksgiving!
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions