G2X Datalogger 1st Impressions

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby lowyder993s on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:08 pm

He understands from his previous data that he can go faster into corners than he did before.

Right as rain, specifically T9. Was looking to keep entrance speed to 110 mph and making a conscious effort to get on the gas sooner. The car stayed hooked up and I still had a safety margin @ track out. Next time it'll be to try to keep track in @ 111-112.
Jim
97 c2s street
76 RSR wing-thing #352 track -for sale
71 3.8 RS+ Track
lowyder993s
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:43 pm

kary wrote:
JHPGT3 wrote:Kary,
Just for the record, the timer had nothing to do with Jim's improved results this time. Maybe next time.
He hadn't used it to analyze anything prior to doing his 1:27s. He was just using the display in the cockpit, which he really likes.
Why don't we just follow him around the track, do some 1:27s and send the other timers back!!! :lol:

John, if you believe that the tool had nothing to do with his recent times you are not understanding the tool. He understands from his previous data that he can go faster into corners than he did before. What you are seeing is him improving on what his first session with the tool told him to do. Maybe some newer tires helped too but he is just getting into now. God knows what he will be capable of once he really starts using the tool.........Yikes!!!!

I don't really understand what you are saying. All he was doing was looking at the display in the car showing laptimes and speed. I believe that after he downlaods all the data and analyzes it, that's when he's going to learn something that will contribute to his going faster. What am I missing here?
Thanks
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:49 pm

Red Rooster wrote:Just want to say I can vouch for Jim and his 1:27.48 It's valid 'fo sure. I was there and Jim called me over to check out his cockpit display...I was doing consistant 1:30.xx laps that same session and I could not stay with him.

Jim was safely driving at W A R P speed....all day

Kudos to ya bud...you deserve it. :D

Have you been spending all your spare time at Willow lately, Bud?
Where are all these fabulous times coming from?? :o
It's gonna be a very competitive TT in Jan, eh?!!!!
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby Red Rooster on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:20 pm

[quote="JHPGT3......Have you been spending all your spare time at Willow lately, Bud?
It's gonna be a very competitive TT in Jan, eh?!!!![/quote]

As much as possible...the wife brings me my meals out there now!
gotta do it to at least try and keep Jim on my side of the horizon.
'06 will be very competitive 8) :mrgreen:
Johnny Riz
Red 73 911 AM #255
Red Rooster
Autocrosser

Postby JHPGT3 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:26 pm

Red Rooster wrote:[quote="JHPGT3......Have you been spending all your spare time at Willow lately, Bud?
It's gonna be a very competitive TT in Jan, eh?!!!!

As much as possible...the wife brings me my meals out there now!
gotta do it to at least try and keep Jim on my side of the horizon.
'06 will be very competitive 8) :mrgreen:[/quote]

Geez, so in addition to cigars, tires and everything else, she's bringing you food????
I'm protesting!!! Unfair advantage!!!
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:35 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:
kary wrote:
Just for the record, the timer had nothing to do with Jim's improved results this time. Maybe next time.
He hadn't used it to analyze anything prior to doing his 1:27s. He was just using the display in the cockpit, which he really likes.
Why don't we just follow him around the track, do some 1:27s and send the other timers back!!! :lol:

John, if you believe that the tool had nothing to do with his recent times you are not understanding the tool. He understands from his previous data that he can go faster into corners than he did before. What you are seeing is him improving on what his first session with the tool told him to do. Maybe some newer tires helped too but he is just getting into now. God knows what he will be capable of once he really starts using the tool.........Yikes!!!!

I don't really understand what you are saying. All he was doing was looking at the display in the car showing laptimes and speed. I believe that after he downlaods all the data and analyzes it, that's when he's going to learn something that will contribute to his going faster. What am I missing here?
Thanks

John he already did down load the data from his previous trip. He sent it to me and judging from his analysis and improvements in times I think it is affecting him. You do not need to analyze every session at the same track to learn where you can go faster. He has his marks he is trying to hit and his times are getting faster each time he tries. That was my point. No need to use the analysis everytime. Get some valuable info and then go practice it. Jim's doing it!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:01 pm

kary wrote:
JHPGT3 wrote:
kary wrote:

Thanks

John he already did down load the data from his previous trip. He sent it to me and judging from his analysis and improvements in times I think it is affecting him. You do not need to analyze every session at the same track to learn where you can go faster. He has his marks he is trying to hit and his times are getting faster each time he tries. That was my point. No need to use the analysis everytime. Get some valuable info and then go practice it. Jim's doing it!

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood him when we talked. I was under the misimpression that he hadn't downloaded/analyzed anything from any session.
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby lowyder993s on Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:15 pm

Segment time from last session:
Image[/url]
Pretty cool, huh
Jim
97 c2s street
76 RSR wing-thing #352 track -for sale
71 3.8 RS+ Track
lowyder993s
Time Trialer