SD Auto Show - PCA display?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

SD Auto Show - PCA display?

Postby mikeP on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:23 am

Website for the SD Auto Show is advertising a display of Porsches to honor the PCA's 50th.
Does anyone have any info on which cars, who is attending or how this came about?
Must have missed the messages on this and was curious to see how the cars were chosen.

Also, there is no official Porsche representation shown on the map of exhibitors. Is that an error? :?:
mikeP

Postby MikeD on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:21 am

Was at the show last night. No, it's not an error, there is no PCNA display. You'll have to go up to the L.A. show for that.

I did see the Porsche Corral though. Only one car with anything PCA related, and not a lot of info. Guess that could have been the PCA display.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Pete Millikin on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:03 am

I skip the SD auto show and make a day of it at the LA auto show every year. Porsche always has a completely separate hall with a cool displays, a vintage car or two, and the new models. One year Skip Carter's beautiful 356 Cab was displayed.

The Cayman is being debuted this year so it should be pretty cool. The Bugatti Veyron is also being debuted for the supercar fans out there.
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:25 am

I usually do the L.A. show also. But since it doesn't look like I'll make it this year I went to the S.D. show.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions