WSIR RV'ing

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

WSIR RV'ing

Postby bibbetson on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:57 pm

Question for all or you taking your RV up to Willow...

Does the track have hook-ups? If so what (water, electric, dump)?
If no to above, does the track have water available so I don't have to pull 500 lbs. of water. I have a generator so electric is a big deal.

I'm considering canceling my hotel and pulling my toy hauler with the Porsche in it to the track. It's one of the reasons that I bought the toy hauler, but this would be it's maiden voyage with the 968 so I'm a little apprehensive as it's also my first time to WSIR.

Comments?
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Postby Pete Millikin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:24 pm

Bill - I'm pretty certain there are no hookups in the big track paddock area, but I seem to recall some hookups on the access road to Streets not far away. The RVers like Kary, Bill Dawson, and others will probably know.
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:44 pm

Bill, here is the deal at WSIR, not very friendly but here is what I do.

I do not want to carry 110 gallons of water either so I rent a RV hook up out there in Turn 8/9. These are full hook ups but not a good location. When I arrive at WSIR I unhitch my trailer and that the coach over to my stall to fill up with water. I then drive back to the track and set up for the weekend. At the end of the weekend I go back over before leaving and dump my grey/black water and dump any unused fresh water for the trip home.

There are not any hook ups at the track and I am not sure why they do not have some like they do at the Speedway or Vegas, or Arizona for example. Though Pahrump suffers from the same issue and Buttonwillow has a few but not many and are far away from the track building.

John R and I have shared the cost to the use of the WSIR hook up and you are welcome to do so as well. Just need to time when we are using the stall.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby rtp356 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:15 am

There is also a gas station on the other side of the freeway from WSIR that has a dump station. For future reference you may want to visit this site for dump stations: www.rvdumps.com
rtp356

Postby bibbetson on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:01 am

Kary,

I would love to share the cost of the hook-up. All I really need is access to water once and possibly the dump, but I don't expect to need a lot of water and I'm sure we can work out the timing so we aren't all using it at the same time.

Looks like it's time to cancel my hotel reservation. Don't know if they are full, but they will have one more room available by the end of the day.

See you all at the track.

May the wind gods be calm this weekend...
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions