It's that throw out question (again)

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Henry Walker on Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:06 pm

Gary wrote: "Let's say you attend every event, rainouts and all. The policy is one throw out, and rainouts are not throw outs. Your main competitor skips the only rain out of the year. At the end of the year he gets to throw out his only missed event, the rain out."

Gary you just said "rainouts are not throw outs". So why can your competitor throw-out the rainout? You are contradicting yourself.

I agree with Kim Crosser, I'd be very disappointed to pay and not drive and get no points on a rain-out. The only consolation would be if it was declared a practice day. Big Whoop!

It seems most can see that the rain-outs "are the fly in the ointment" as Gary B. so apty described. Maybe we should give more points for rain-outs, say 10 pts. Then at the end of the year that rain-out will be almost significant as those 2nds and 3rds...equal to 4th place. For those that are regulars, how many 4th places do you get? But you never get down to ( how far down is 5 points anyway?). It's that measly 5pts that makes the rain-out negate the throw-out rule. Let's make the rain-out significant. Heck, give a rain-out the equivalent of a third place = 12 pts. Can you see how that would affect a one race throw-out?
Henry Walker
'67 911SWB #122
'65 356C-daily driver
Henry Walker

Postby kary on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Do anyone think this has gone on far too long? If not I apologize, if yes can someone who is a chair [erson please make a statement that definitively settles it for this year and please, please, please define the policy for upcoming years! The trophy really is not worth that much folks :lol:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:54 pm

Henry Walker wrote: I agree with Kim Crosser, I'd be very disappointed to pay and not drive and get no points on a rain-out. The only consolation would be if it was declared a practice day. Big Whoop!

I haven't kept up on this thread, and really don't have an opinion one way or the other. However, this comment caught my eye.

Earlier this year we had a rain-out and the cones were left up (QDE the next day). So I, and a few others ran the course in the wet (I even took a few laps with trailer in tow :D). It was a blast! And really helped teach me how important it is to be smooth with all inputs. Extremely valuable experience if you ask me.

Having a rain-out declared a "practice day" is a VERY Big Whoop!! As long as the people that are practicing are there to clean up after practice is over.

For what it's worth.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:18 am

Mike, please delete your last post before our insurance chair reads it. :lol:
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:41 am

Did I say "I ran the course..."? How silly of me to mis-speak like that. What I meant was that "I and some others observed some people driving the course..." I believe they were Honda Civics or Subaru WRX's or something. Didn't see a single Porsche out there, nope, none at all, not a one! Yeah, yeah, that's it, that's the ticket...
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions