WSIR mania

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

WSIR mania

Postby Jackie C on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:07 pm

Just wanted to thank Jack and Robert for putting on another what appeared to be effortless TT. Registration and run groups ran beautifully. Where did we ever find 70 drivers who would come to a track that would be 12 degrees on Saturday morning?!
I hate to disagree with some of my 944 compadres but I found nothing remotely boring about the track and I think that the other 9 944 drivers there would agree. (Nothing like an off in 9 to wake you right up!) It's so nice to see everyone having a good time and helping each other. It was a killer weekend. Let's do that again!
Jackie Corwin
Jackie C
Time Trialer

Postby bibbetson on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:24 am

I second that. Great event Jack and Robert. Thanks so much for sticking with the TT series.

As for the 944 cars... They were only a touch slower than I was down the straights because they got such a good run off the corners. 120+ down the straight only seems boring until you look ahead to the braking zone and get ready for an 80+ MPH left (turn 1 ) or that the straight starts bending on you and you can't lift (turn 8)! OK, I admit it. I cracked the throttle through 8 and my times show it. I couldn't help it, I was swallowing my seat!
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:47 am

Definitely a fun and well run event.

Also, it proved once and for all that water cooled cars are better than air cooled :wink:

In KP, the largest timed class I believe, there were 6 well prepared cars with 7 good drivers. 3 air cooled cars and 3 water cooled cars. Final results:

Water cooled #1
Water cooled #2
Air cooled 3rd
water cooled 4th
water cooled 5th
air cooled 6th
air cooled 7th

Clearly water cooled cars are better :D
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:52 am

Jad wrote:Definitely a fun and well run event.

Also, it proved once and for all that water cooled cars are better than air cooled :wink:

In KP, the largest timed class I believe, there were 6 well prepared cars with 7 good drivers. 3 air cooled cars and 3 water cooled cars. Final results:

Water cooled #1
Water cooled #2
Air cooled 3rd
water cooled 4th
water cooled 5th
air cooled 6th
air cooled 7th

Clearly water cooled cars are better :D

Oh brother... :roll:

Hey Jad any records broken? Lots of speculation with multiple cars getting in the 29's?? How did you do?
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Lots of records broken and personal bests. I was not very happy with my time, though it was 1.5 seconds faster than before. The car is easily 2-3 seconds faster than it was.

Not nearly as many people running in the 1:29's as guessed, though a decent number did. The final results should be posted Tuesday, but with all the breakdowns and early leavers, I would be surprised if 5 cars made it during timed runs.

You ready for Fontana?
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Mike on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:28 pm

Jad wrote: Not nearly as many people running in the 1:29's as guessed, though a decent number did.

Fun event, I’m looking forward to the next already.
I enjoyed rubbing shoulders sharing track time with all the PCA red group drivers.

Friday we ran 127.0 laps but had to leave before timed runs due to a minor glitch.
Here is a link to our testing results and info on the stripped stub axle that put me on the trailer.
Mike is aka "ted" on Pelican.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthre ... ost2366265

Thank you Jackie for the parting gift, a sports car theme puzzle.
Sunday at home the puzzle helped to keep my mind off timed runs. :wink:

Jack and Robert awesome job!
Mike
Club Racer

Postby gulf911 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:31 pm

Absolutely! :D I am looking forward to it. Was it really 12 degrees out there?
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:39 pm

No, 12 degrees is an exageration. The gauge on my car read 13 degrees :) It was #^%#%^#$% cold, though the power was VERY nice in those conditions and the times were still excellent even when it was that cold. I easily got temperature in my Toyos, 160's after the first session and 190's after the second.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Robert on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Jad wrote:Not nearly as many people running in the 1:29's as guessed, though a decent number did. The final results should be posted Tuesday, but with all the breakdowns and early leavers, I would be surprised if 5 cars made it during timed runs.

Actually, 5 was the number: O'Donnell, Payne, J. Copp, Van Zandt, Ehrman. Just handed the computer off to Tom Brown; hopefully results will show up soon online. Thanks to everyone for attending...65 drivers showed up.
Robert
Time Trialer

Postby Pete Millikin on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:57 pm

My car thermometer showed it being a little warmer at 19 degrees. Heck, dress for it and it really wasn't too bad. First run session I had frozen fingers from gripping the wheel - maybe it was the death grip in Turn 8/9.

Ultimately I retired early thanks to a cracked oil line for the chain tensioner - a $15.00 part. Already ordered a replacement and spares for the future.

Jad - You really think the air cooled crew are going to bite on your analysis? This is just bias in search of supporting data.

Jack and Robert - Kudos to another well run event.
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:01 pm

Pete Millikin wrote:
Jad - You really think the air cooled crew are going to bite on your analysis?

They usually do, thats half the fun of the forum :burnout:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Pete Millikin on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:03 pm

The air cooled drivers in KP will be identified and punished severly! :) :) :)
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby martinreinhardt on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:15 pm

I think my transponder was frozen on Sunday :lol:

I am not sure if the first print outs from Sunday were the final/offical times, but whatever it was; was due to my Kuhmo JunkRacer rear tire :evil: junking. :?:

My best on Saturday was a 1:36:75 and on Saturday I "guess" must be 1:38:28 and I though I had a good run :cry:
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby ethand on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:36 pm

Want to throw my thanks in with the rest for Jack and Robert. Another Professionally run on time event with more track time than advertised.

As for the temps, the HP gains were well worth the extra layer of clothes required. The memories of the cold will fade long before the memories of the record times for many.

E
ethand

Postby Brad Roberts on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:51 pm

Yes. I wanted to say Thank YOU!! also. Very well organized event. It was my first driving event at WSIR and my first event with the SDR TT group. I had a friggin blast!!. The little 2.5 Boxster I was driving did just fine.

Thanks again Jack for letting me "play" with the SDR gang. I will be back (threat.. not a promise..ha ha)

B
Brad Roberts
Time Trialer

Next

Return to General Discussions