WSIR mania

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby bobbrand on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:32 pm

Pete Millikin wrote:The air cooled drivers in KP will be identified and punished severly! :) :) :)

Well, at least I got the 3rd place.

The reality is that the KP 944 turbos should be EMBARASSED to get their *** handed to them by Otto in his JP car with the skinny 245 kumhos, running a high 1:32 in practice, and 1:33 something in timed runs. Clearly, 944 turbos do well there, and Otto should probably be crowned king of WSIR.

That being said, I have a clear excuse of lack of experience and courage. Other than that, I think I did ok and took a couple of seconds off of my previous time. Next visit, I'll have a little more experience and maybe a couple of more seconds.
bobbrand
Autocrosser

Postby Otto on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:29 pm

Bob:

You are very kind. The weather helped our turbos immensely. You would not see those times in hot weather. I have also been at that track a few times in the last 20 years. At the rate you are improving, a couple more visits for you and you will be running similar times. Don't forget to bring your four-legged friend Stan along with you though. He is your lucky charm.

The air-cooled guys actually embarrased us water-pumpers. Paul Young ran a 1:36.9 in his 911SC in the IS Class. It is an absolutely outstanding time for that car. Congratulations Paul! You are the shoe-in for king of the BRI and deservedly so. How about Ethan with his multiple 1:31s that he ran in practice in his Boxster? Another gigantic performance.

Thank you Jack and Robert for another great event. The high turnout is a telling sign that the TTs are growing in popularity and that you are doing a stellar job organizing and running the events.
Otto H. Obrist
1986 944 Turbo # 577
Otto
Time Trialer

Postby Red Rooster on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Well another awesome weekend at the track courtesy of Jack and Robert. A huge Thanks to you guys and all the others behind the scenes.

I got there Thurs with Mikey G. for a little Test & Tune action on Friday...got a half day out on the track and spent the other half clearancing fenders and adjusting ride height with a lot of help from Jae. John Payne and Jim Copp were also early arrivals for play time Friday and everyone felt it was well worth it.

Was able to pull off a lot of :31's & :32's over the weekend which was a bit disappointing as over the last 2 monthes I have been dipping into the :30.xx range on a fairly regular basis. H'ver this weekend during the last session before lunch on Sunday I was only able to pull off a single lap in the :30's....a :30.83 to be exact

I was intent on using the new 17" 8 & 10" rims I have had sitting around.....but they had one year old used Toyo's on them and got progressively slippery after the 3rd lap or so....still I forged on with them like a kid with a new toy....

Anyway had a real good time...like always !!!
Last edited by Red Rooster on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Riz
Red 73 911 AM #255
Red Rooster
Autocrosser

Postby pdy on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:13 pm

Jad wrote:Clearly water cooled cars are better :D

Which obviously implies the water cooled drivers in KP clearly are not better.
pdy
Time Trialer

Previous

Return to General Discussions