SDR on FOX news last night?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

SDR on FOX news last night?

Postby Mike on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:52 am

Ron M, Andy G, Neil H and I attended the Coronado Vintage Race promotion at the Stadium yesterday afternoon. We set up a fast cone track in the west lot. A few media persons took rides in the 3 cars present. Andy gaves some gals a 9/10 session while running down a 63 Cobra. The 63 Cobra race car was fast at 2200lbs with a 430hp 289. Nice guy Fred from JBA races it. He admitted our cars "could beat his". They are limited to a spec tire and even use the original springs. I squezzed inrto the passenger seat and he gave me a couple of wind in your face laps, as only the driver has a 4 inch high wind deflector. There was also a 67 Mustang Trans Am car running laps with us. Andy and I had fun pushing them around the parking lot.:D

So CJ and the FOX news cameraman got some tape of us running exhibition laps. I gave the camera guy a couple laps as he filmed the track, and my dash/footwork and shifting.

Might not have been (might never be) a slow enough day in the news for it to show up, anyone happen to catch it?

Now if only we could get our cars in teh Coronado Vintage races. 8)
Mike
Club Racer

Postby gulf911 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:37 pm

Perhaps I missed it, But where was this promotion advertised? Or was it a closed invite only deal? :cry:
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:28 pm

Dan A.:

The guy who put on the promotion came to us very last minute for a request to help him put on a media day to promote the Historics coming up in the fall. The link was a friend of his who works with Monica (my wife). His friend contacted me thru Monica. I contacted the promoter, Craig Wright, directly about trying to help him design and set up a mini-course to let the media take a ride-along.

Although we couldn't help him with the equipment end of things, a couple of our guys brought their cars down to give the media a ride. THANKS GUYS!

Craig came to the A-X last weekend at my suggestion to ask if "early Porsche owners" would be willing to bring their cars down and help him out driving the media around a mini-course. (He only had two cars showing up as of Sat. morning.)

Sorry you missed the A-X, you would have heard about Tuesday and might have made it down that afternoon. Your Gulf car would have been perfect ... along with Curt's Tangereen Dream/Pumkin Patch Special.

I hope to see you at the 11th/12th weekend.

Dan'o
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:34 am

First, TTOD boy (Steve G) doesn't let me know he's not showing, then Dan C tells me, very politely, 'You Snooze you Lose"..... :lol:

I'll see you on the 12th Dan, I can help with the track again so throw me a PM with the time I should be there.

Dan
gulf911
Pro Racer

Return to General Discussions