Top 10 Time Trialers at Fontana

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Top 10 Time Trialers at Fontana

Postby JHPGT3 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:20 am

Back by popular demand, here are the current picks for the Top 10 at Fontana, based on the most current sign-ups shown on our WEB site:

In no particular order

Jim Copp (new graphics, much faster)
Bill Dawson* (just back from an excellent race in Phoenix)
Bob Ehrman (hasn't seen his car in a month, but up for a challenge)
Aubrey Eyer (will be dangerous with the new Cupcar, if sorted)
Jae Lee* (major problemo for the rest of us, even with the rust!)
Robert Baizer (if the wheels stay on, he'll be right there!)
John Simone (needs to start paying his 2 other drivers more)
Jack Miller (just needs to pretend this is Pahrump and it will be OK)
Kary Clements (a threat if he can afford gas after the motorhome)
John Risvold (wifey will drive next year if he doesn't make Top 10)
John Payne The "sleeper", always a "surprise" to Greg Phillips

* shows candidates for TTOD

:lol:
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby MVZ944T on Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:19 pm

I did not want to make you look bad John so I am opting for the club race instead. I am installing extra mirrors on my car! I may or may not join you in the TT, see below.

FYI. To all you members. I am currently recovering ( I think) from a bout of shingles. If you have had chicken pox, you can get shingles (25-35% chance depending on which report you read). You DO NOT WANT shingles. Do yourself a favor and if you are not aware of the symptoms, get on the internet and find out what they are. If you get it, you should get treated ASAP. If you don't you may be in for a world of hurt. Even if you do, you still may be.
I was lucky and my boss recognized the symptoms as his Mother had had it. So I pretty much got treatment in time. Unfortunately they did not (apparently) treat me correctly. I don't even like to think about having a worse case.

See you all at Fontana.
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby Robert on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:46 pm

Note that we have 4 GT3 Cup cars running that are not on the above list but should be, assuming they do timed runs. And I'd consider the guys who were fast at Willow to be more likely than myself to finish well, including Steedman, Obrist (who I have down as now running in JI), Lindstrom, and Duncan. And of course Jim Binford too if he does timed runs. Part of the battle will certainly be having a car that runs, with some brakes and tires, after 3 days. Should be fun and some good competition.
Robert
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:17 pm

MVZ944T wrote:I did not want to make you look bad John so I am opting for the club race instead. I am installing extra mirrors on my car! I may or may not join you in the TT, see below.

FYI. To all you members. I am currently recovering ( I think) from a bout of shingles. If you have had chicken pox, you can get shingles (25-35% chance depending on which report you read). You DO NOT WANT shingles. Do yourself a favor and if you are not aware of the symptoms, get on the internet and find out what they are. If you get it, you should get treated ASAP. If you don't you may be in for a world of hurt. Even if you do, you still may be.
I was lucky and my boss recognized the symptoms as his Mother had had it. So I pretty much got treatment in time. Unfortunately they did not (apparently) treat me correctly. I don't even like to think about having a worse case.

See you all at Fontana.

Sorry about the shingles, guy. I've been there before.
And, thanks for giving us a chance in the TT. I'll look for you in the race --I opted to do the POC race to give you a chance!!! :lol:
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:33 pm

Robert wrote:Note that we have 4 GT3 Cup cars running that are not on the above list but should be, assuming they do timed runs. And I'd consider the guys who were fast at Willow to be more likely than myself to finish well, including Steedman, Obrist (who I have down as now running in JI), Lindstrom, and Duncan. And of course Jim Binford too if he does timed runs. Part of the battle will certainly be having a car that runs, with some brakes and tires, after 3 days. Should be fun and some good competition.

Hey Robert,
Who has the 4 Cup cars? I didn't realize that. Can you supply some names? Regarding the others you mentioned, I either don't have enough information on them or I thought, even though they are very fine drivers, they didn't have the HP for this horsepower track. If you're correct that I left off 4 names with Cup cars, I expect it will take around 1:51 or less to make the top 10 instead of 1:53 (last year). The number might even be 1:50+ a fraction.
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:35 pm

Looking at the track records page is looks like there are three folks at 1:50 flat range except for Dalrymple at a 1:42 yikes!

Let's see if we can all break 1:50 this year! Looks like the rain is going to hold off, keep your fingers crossed!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Robert on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:28 am

JHPGT3 wrote:Hey Robert,
Who has the 4 Cup cars? I didn't realize that. Can you supply some names?

Regularly updated list of drivers posted at:

http://www.pca.org/zone8/Speedfest/2006/Z8SFestTTList.php

The 4 Cup cars are driven by Gagne, Murillo, Farmer, and Freeman. Of those, I only know for sure that Freeman plans to do timed runs.
Robert
Time Trialer

Postby Otto on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:56 am

Robert:

Noted that you mentioned that I was running in JI. No way. I registered in JP as I usually do, so there is a mistake somewhere. Please correct. My class is JP.
Otto H. Obrist
1986 944 Turbo # 577
Otto
Time Trialer

Re: Top 10 Time Trialers at Fontana

Postby Greg Phillips on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:22 am

JHPGT3 wrote:Back by popular demand, here are the current picks for the Top 10 at Fontana, based on the most current sign-ups shown on our WEB site:

OK, John, but remember that you had not even inlcuded yourself on the first list for Willow Springs :wink:
Your surprise days are now over. :shock:

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

JI

Postby Greg Phillips on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:23 am

Otto wrote:Robert:

Noted that you mentioned that I was running in JI. No way. I registered in JP as I usually do, so there is a mistake somewhere. Please correct. My class is JP.

Hey, I paid good money for that :oops:

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:15 pm

Robert wrote:
JHPGT3 wrote:Hey Robert,
Who has the 4 Cup cars? I didn't realize that. Can you supply some names?

Regularly updated list of drivers posted at:

http://www.pca.org/zone8/Speedfest/2006/Z8SFestTTList.php

The 4 Cup cars are driven by Gagne, Murillo, Farmer, and Freeman. Of those, I only know for sure that Freeman plans to do timed runs.

Sorry I don't know these folks. I don't recall seeing them at our other Time Trials. :oops:
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Re: Top 10 Time Trialers at Fontana

Postby JHPGT3 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Greg Phillips wrote:
JHPGT3 wrote:Back by popular demand, here are the current picks for the Top 10 at Fontana, based on the most current sign-ups shown on our WEB site:

OK, John, but remember that you had not even inlcuded yourself on the first list for Willow Springs :wink:
Your surprise days are now over. :shock:

Greg

I didn't???? R U sure??? :roll: :)
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby Red Rooster on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:59 pm

Wow...I am flattered to continue to be included on the JP top ten "hotty" list..... I guess I had better get on the schtick unless I am going to throw the wife the keys for next year...!!!

Actually I really like seeing JP's inpromptu crystal ball predictions...it's all in good fun and I enjoy the smack talk it generates.... :D

JP - Just so ya know... after the last TT at WSIR the wife was not happy with my timed runs..so she took my car away from me and took it to the shop...I have not seen it since....I am told I get the car back on Wed...... :wink:
Johnny Riz
Red 73 911 AM #255
Red Rooster
Autocrosser

Postby MikeD on Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Haha, you crack me up John.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:16 pm

OK, hot from Santee --the latest gossip :roll: !!!
It seems as if the neighbors around The Dyno Shop were a bit upset this am. It seems a particular green Porsche, with maxo compression and too much timing :lol: ,with the words "Mirage" on the sides, was seen and heard testing on the dyno for about 3 hours this morning, rattling the neighbors windows and nerves. Someone is getting real serious about Fontana!! Do we need a new Class: AR-3????? :lol:
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Next

Return to General Discussions