9/11/04 Auto-x results are up at....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

9/11/04 Auto-x results are up at....

Postby kary on Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:28 pm

... this location until the auto-x page is updated.

http://web2.pcasdr.org/pca/pca.php?database=

TTOD, Well done Martin!!!!

Enjoy!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

another outstanding drive

Postby Henry Walker on Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:09 pm

Most folks may not be aware that the FS group is actually made up of FSS cars. The exception was Gary Burch got a point this year for his limited-slip. Now limited-slip may be a significant advantage for higher HP cars--not so much on a 2.2 liter. The FSS group decided to stick together and move with Gary to FS.

If you use the FSS index of 0.989 with Gary's time of 81.33 you get 80.44 which is 2nd only to the phenomenal Tom Tweed and ahead of the unbelievable drive of Martin Reinhardt.

Way to go Gary!

However, watch out next month. I'll be ready for ya.

Henry Walker #122
Henry Walker

Postby ttweed on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:43 am

Wow, Henry! I just looked at the season totals http://web2.pcasdr.org/pca/season_standings.php and you and Gary are only separated by 1 point :!:

Looks like quite a battle coming up for you guys on Oct. 9th. With it being the last points-paying event, it will be "winner take all."

Good luck to both of you, I think you're each doing a fantastic job of getting the most out of your cars. :rockon:

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby Gary Burch on Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:36 pm

Henry is the bench mark for all of us in FSS now FS. It was an honor and a priviledge to pound him at Saturday's ax. Without Henry's secret for timed runs I could have never done it.

I'll be ready. :P
Gary Burch
Club Racer

Postby Carl Scragg on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:08 pm

Gary was so fast on Saturday that it makes me wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that "Henry's secret" involves the ingestion of mind alterring substances. Gary? Henry? Say it ain't so.
Carl Scragg
Autocrosser

secret weapon

Postby Henry Walker on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:03 pm

SUGAR! That's the secret. Often at the end of the day I'm nodding off while waiting in line for timed runs. A half can of Pepsi ten minutes before timed runs did the trick for me. Gary admitted he was regularly having lack of concentration and not driving his best at the end of the busy day. So, being the chump...I mean nice guy that I am, I gave him the hint.

So Saturday, I see Gary pounding down a Snicker's bar and a real Coca-Cola. Then he goes out and drives his personal best. I may have created my own monster!

Never mind that I let my tires go too far. I knew something was wrong when I heard the GSS times. That's OK, I'll be ready next month. I'd better be ready. Gary will be cutting slack no more.

Henry
Henry Walker

Postby Kim Crosser on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:54 am

I want to know what kind of sugar Charlie Kleinhans was into (some other kind of white powder, perhaps :wink: ).

He not only trounced me by a lot :cry: , in a 2.5L Boxster he beat everyone in MSS except Sean Dynes.

I guess his trip to the class at Laguna Seca was well worth it...
Kim Crosser
Club Racer

Re: secret weapon

Postby ttweed on Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:39 pm

Henry Walker wrote:SUGAR! That's the secret.
Now you know why I always wait until after the timed runs to pass out my Mutha Tom's cookies! No use giving the competition any edge....

TT
(had a Pepsi and a cookie before my timed session)
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Return to General Discussions