Great weekend of driving.

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Great weekend of driving.

Postby Dan Chambers on Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:13 pm

Wow! I must be in heaven. After returning from two glorious weeks of surfing perfect waves and eating excellent exotic foods in the South Pacific with my lovely wife, I return to drive 2 absolutely perfect days at the Q. This IS the good life!

Saturday was so well organized (thanks, Gary Burch!), and the participation numbers were low enough that we had 2, 5-lap practice sessions before timed runs .... and still finished by 4:00! :shock: Thanks to everyone who helped, worked hard, and drove well. Congrats to Martin R. for TTOD, Tom Tweed for Top BRI, Gary Burch .... who tore it up! 8)

Sunday, we had early volunteers to prep the track (how 'bout those Krispy Kremes, Dan A.?), 9 or 10 cars per run group, paid cornerworkers, and tons and tons of laps. Big thanks to everyone who helped out. Thanks to Pete for letting me drive his 911 ... nice! Also, thanks to the PM volunteer crew who helped load the trailer .... Dente DOES do cones! :wink:

Nice to be back at the track.

Thanks again, everyone! It was a blast! 8)
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:17 pm

Big Thanks to Dan C, Gary, Tom Comeau and all the volunteers that helped with the DE. The KK's were delicious as usual, Thanks Dan C! I may have taken the nickname 'spinmeister' from you on Sunday...Geez, when Hoosiers go, they go BIG! After my final spin, I ended up with 2 corded rears and 1 flat spotted/corded front. Sorry about that everyone, I usually have a better grip on what the car's doing. I had to play musical tires with help from Curt and Mick Rosen to get me home. Thanks also to Mike G for the hospitality suite, and the offer to run his infamous cantilevers. I couldn't catch you Mikey, but with a new set of tires I'll give it another shot. :D

Thanks Everyone!
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Mike on Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:27 pm

Dan C 8) and Gary 8) that was a very fun DE track. Thanks for letting the early 911 guys have a fun go at it too. I wanted you guys to know that Mark Tyler was very gratefull that you allowed him and I to run together, he said it helped him improve his lap times.

I saw Dan C spend a session hot lapping in a hot rod 911?
Is it true that air is lighter than water?
His big grin after the session indicated his approval. :wink:

Dan A and the OC boys always an exciteing challenge shareing the track with you guys! :beerchug:
Sure beats walking around the German Autofest. :roll:
Mike
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions