Caravan to Pahrump?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Jad on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:42 am

Desperately looking for excuses so you don't have to go and get wooped I see. :wink:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby jack miller on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:14 pm

gulf911 wrote:Jack says to tech at the track Steve says not likely? Unfortunately its been very difficult to get the car tech'd during the week and they aren't open on weekends. So like it or not thats my excuse. If I can't make it by 7pm on Friday I need to know 'now' that tech is available on Saturday morning, otherwise I will contact Jack now for a refund being I can't get tech'd. If Steve needs help getting prepared on Saturday morning I'll be glad to help if need be.

Thanks,
Dan

Tech will be available at the track from 7-745am (as well as other times when red group is not running, most likely). Steve, maybe you could appoint an assistant that's running in other groups to fill in if you are on the track. Maybe Ralph?

I am sure it will all work out. All Steve is saying is that if he's jammed up in the morning with "late techs" and it is time for red group to go out, he's going to go out and he'll tech the rest of the people when he gets back from his run group. That's fair. I doubt it will come to that since most of us will be pre-teched.

Personally, I'd like to start a discussion about self-tech at this level of our sport. At the AX level, I can see training people to make sure their car is ready to go, but PCA club racers tech their own cars. How about PCA TT? Just a topic for discussion. Don't shoot me for starting it.
jack miller
Autocrosser

Postby Curt on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:22 pm

Jad wrote:Desperately looking for excuses so you don't have to go and get wooped I see. :wink:

I need some excuses now too. I'm going!
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Jeff Grow on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:54 pm

jack miller wrote:Personally, I'd like to start a discussion about self-tech at this level of our sport. At the AX level, I can see training people to make sure their car is ready to go, but PCA club racers tech their own cars. How about PCA TT? Just a topic for discussion. Don't shoot me for starting it.

I'm really in favor of considering this. In fact, I think the precedent has already been set in PCA - I know GGR has annual tech and self-tech forms for their track events.

As a racer in 3 different clubs, I just carry a logbook with an annual tech inspection stamp and notations of any changes. After you get the annual, you generally just present the logbook and sometimes a self-tech form at each event. You never que up to get inspected. Racers and consistent Time Trialers tend to be highly aware of their vehicle's condition and very concerned about safety.
Jeff Grow
Admin

Postby MikeD on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:11 pm

As I understand the way PCA does it is to have random techs at the track. This way the driver has incentive not to let stuff slip an event or two just in case they are on the list to be checked at the next event. And the list will be put in an envelope and "... hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar and stored at Funk & Wagnall's" until the day of the event (or something like that...)
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Steve Grosekemper on Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:18 pm

Jack is correct.

If you show up with a good car you will get teched and go racing. I just get tired of seeing so many cars that could have been pre-teched but weren't because "They just couldn't find the time"

I want to go out for dinner too!

There will be 3 tech inspectors that I know of. We should just make it to the track in time. Lots of last minute work on the car. I will contact Jack via cell so he knows when I will be there.

And Dan, quit you whining or I'll make you adjust your wheel bearings...between run sessions

I am quite interested in everyone's pre-tech thoughts, I only run PCA and SCCA events so those of you with other experiences please send me an email with your thoughts to

tech@pcasdr.org
Steve Grosekemper #97
http://www.911SG.com
https://www.facebook.com/911steveg/
https://www.instagram.com/steve911sg/
PCA-SDR Tech Advisor/Scrutineer/Forum-Admin
1997 993S & 986S street cars & 911SC track car.
Steve Grosekemper
Admin

Postby Curt on Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:04 pm

Steve Grosekemper wrote:
And Dan, quit you whining or I'll make you adjust your wheel bearings...between run sessions

tech@pcasdr.org

Dan said he triple dog DARES you to make him adjust his wheel bearings after EACH run group. He also said that if you don't straighten up your act he's going to challenge you to make him re-pack his CV joints each day.

I tried to explain to him that Steve is in a position of authority and that he deserves our respect and admiration, but Dan was on a roll and said that if Steve was so good at Tech Inspection, how come he had only found 40% of the points Dan's car should take?

:D :D :D :D
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby gulf911 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:23 pm

Can someone forward me an emoticon of me getting thrown under a bus??...... :wink: When Curt told me he had my back, I didn't realize he was holding a knife.... :lol:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:44 am

Curt VERY funny :roflmao:

Glad you will be able to make it! Should be a very entertaining weekend.

See ya there :beerchug:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Jeff Grow on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:06 am

gulf911 wrote:Can someone forward me an emoticon of me getting thrown under a bus??...... :wink: When Curt told me he had my back, I didn't realize he was holding a knife.... :lol:

Could this help?

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/image.php?u=2739&dateline=1081861425
Jeff Grow
Admin

Postby Curt on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:43 am

That's awesome Jeff! How do I get that to be my Avatar?
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Jeff Grow on Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:09 pm

Despite the 'Admin' title, you can tell by my avatar that I'm the wrong guy to ask that question of. :roll:
Jeff Grow
Admin

Postby gulf911 on Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:07 pm

Dont worry Curt, after this weekend it will be life imitating art, for you... :lol:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:57 pm

Yeah, see this weekend we aren't going to be in a parking lot. Maybe we could paint some parking spaces on the track and put some shopping carts out in random locations around the track. If we did that, Dan the parking lot master would be right at home and we'd all be in trouble. :roll: :D
Curt
Time Trialer

Previous

Return to General Discussions