Pahrump report

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Ken R. on Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm

Who knows when the times will be posted and I would like to know if anyone took pictures of my car (silver 914-6) . I looked at the the one from tracknet and he didn't get any of them. If someone has some can they please send me them to my E mail scottsporsche@cox.net
Thanks Jack it was a great weekend.
Ken R.

Spring Mountain

Postby jack miller on Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:32 pm

Hi all, glad everyone had a good time. Thanks to Rob Baizer, Tom Brown for great work on timing, registration and more. Thanks also Mike Dougherty, Vince and Bill Hartsock for hauling some of the gear.

Mark your calendars for Streets, Nov. 13-14. Inn of Lancaster is the hotel. Mention PCA. Pass the word that I'm looking for board approval (if I need it) to lower the price to $150 for any AXer who has not yet done a TT. I'd like the better AX drivers to get a taste of the track events.

BTW, we're already set for Spring Mt. for 2005. Same weekend!

See you all around.
jack miller
Autocrosser

Postby ttweed on Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:45 am

gulf911 wrote: I will be back next year, and I will try to beat the Death Star... :wink:
What!?!?! Tell me it ain't so, Dan! You let that waterpumper beat you? What was Jad's time? He didn't go under 1:50, did he?

Edit: Kary just posted the link to the results, so I can see that you both ran 1:53s and he nicked you by half a second, Dan. Oh, the horror! You shouldn't have coasted around that turn on your second run. :oops:

I see Kenny dropped a couple seconds over his time last year, and Jack shaved almost 3 seconds off his, as did Kary! The track must have been fast and people are figuring it out better. Roland was a couple seconds faster, too.

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby gulf911 on Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:04 am

Yep Tom he nicked me. 4 x 275's on his car, and dare I say it, combined with very good driving, was a little much for my puny 225/265 Kumho combo... :cry: I wasn't even close to your 1:50 mark of last year. It would be great to get the AM gang out there again next year Curt, Mick, You, Me, Mike & Lewis etc. They are adding a huge section to the track and a tunnel, condo's to rent, resturant etc. so this will be an amazing track when its all done.
Last edited by gulf911 on Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby ttweed on Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:19 am

gulf911 wrote: Yep Tom he nicked me. 4 x 275's on his car, and dare I say it, combined with very good driving, was a little much for my puny 225/265 Kumho combo...
Dang, you shoulda borrowed my slicks for timed runs... maybe even had him haul them up there with his trailer for you. :D
They are adding a huge section to the track and a tunnel, condo's to rent, resturant etc. so this will be an amazing track when its all done.
Wow! The tunnel getting done alone would be a huge improvement, so that people could come and go while the track was hot. I didn't know about the other planned improvements by the new owners, although I had seen some ads for a "motorsports club" deal on the 'net somewhere.
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby Mike on Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:30 am

What no early 911s in the top ten? :oops:
Is there anything we can do about that? :roll:
Should we focus are early 911 forces on the SDR SOW TT next month? :rockon:
Maybe the water pumpers will give us one more chance a double or nothing for the SDR TT smack talk grand prize. 8)

Sure looks like some great drives during timed runs. :beerchug:
Mike
Club Racer

Postby Jad on Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:14 am

Bring on the slicks! I hear Mike VZ may be selling the rims from his 944 turbo. 10's and 12's. No problem getting 315 slicks on those rims. Then look out for the sub 1:50's. 8)

"The details of them not fitting on my car don't count, nor the fact I don't want to spend THAT much to beat those slow old 911's :wink: They even had a hard time passing my tow vehicle..."

Must have been fun driving back through the desert in a sports car as the temp read 72 degrees, oh wait, that was in the car, outside it was 99 at one point. Did your A/C work well? I could have turned it on in the 944 and opened the hatch to cool you down for all those miles you were behind me :D

Doubt I will make SOW, but you all need the practice anyway. See ya next time. :beerchug:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions