BRI revisited

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby kary on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:54 pm

Jad, I could change the table that drives the BRI results on the database so people can see the changes historically? The question Carl and I were talking about via e-mail was do people want to retroactively change the BRI data thus changing the history or do they want to keep the history the way it is and go forward with the new BRI data?
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:48 pm

I like the idea of have the historical information around.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Carl Scragg on Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:48 am

Jad asked: Do the suggested changes (the useful ones that is ) result in substantial changes to the results, or do just 1 or 2 people change?

Recalculating the BRI for the 2 AX events this year, the changes don't affect the winner in either event. TT still wins the March event and JGW still wins the June event (but his margin of victory is reduced by half). In fact none of the top 4 spots in March changed.

Very roughly, cars in A and C move down in the rankings 2-3 places, cars in M move up 4-5 places. Cars in N get hit the hardest, moving down 5-10 places. But the amount of movement is very sensitive to how bunched up the competition is. :(
Carl Scragg
Autocrosser

Postby Burl East on Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:10 pm

Carl,

I thought the BRI for the GT3 and GT2 needed to be looked at. They both start in the N class. The GT2 index is 3% less than mine in JI. Prior to the Carrerra GT, that was the fastest production car Porsche sold - does 0-60 in 3.6. If you looked at the GT3 as an M class cas and then added points for all the factory stuff Porsche sells them with standard you end up with:

2 tires
2 camber
2 sways
2 springs
3 brakes
2 lsd
4 weight
2 aero aids
16 pts HP (65)

You get the point - the GT3 ends up in HM or possibly AR depending on individual stuff. And if the GT3 is in HM then I would have to think the GT2 is in AR.

Just $.02

:P :
Burl East
X-CDI
#975 'David M' Stompin RS America
BMW Z8
Aston Martin DB9 (as soon as I get some scratch)
Burl East
Autocrosser

Postby kary on Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:08 pm

Ok, After getting the ok from Carl and as outlined above in this thread, the BRI results have been updated to reflect the new index changes. These changes will take affect at the next event that is published to this database (both time trial and auto-x).

We have retained the previous BRI values for those that wish to brag to their friends and family about their fantastic finishes :D

Again, you will see the changes when the next event posts for both auto-x (this weekend) and time trail (Spring Mountain) events.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions