Excellence Mag 986/996 engine article, Coming December 08

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Excellence Mag 986/996 engine article, Coming December 08

Postby Brad Roberts on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:12 am

Repost from one of my sites:

If you want a better "Under the skin" understanding of the M96 engine, it's issues and it's enhancements you MUST get your hands on the Excellence December 08 publication when it hits the stands next month. If you don't subscribe to the mag, go to the local news stand and grab one!

A few months back the late Jim Pasha, Excellence Tech Forum Editor took a trip to our facility. During his visit we had many fine examples of M96 engine failures that we have documented on hand for him to view as well as some really trick new Boxster/996 engine parts from our line up.

Unfortunately, Jim passed away shortly after completing the article and this will be his last Tech Forum writing.

I have had a chance to proof read the finished version of the article (for technical accuracy) and I am VERY impressed with the comprehensive nature of the article and how it addresses the most important issues with all the variants of the M96 engine family used in the Boxster and 996 from 1997 through the current model year.

This is the best article I have seen to date on the topic of the M96 engine.
Huge Kudos to Excellence!!!!
Brad Roberts
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions