Dunlop R compound

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Dunlop R compound

Postby jack miller on Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:38 am

Kary, missed you at Willow. I liked the slicks. I think I'll get some for Sp. Mt. What's the story with the Dunlop R compound? How do they compare to Hoosiers (S03, not these pitiful S04s)?
jack miller
Autocrosser

Postby kary on Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:50 am

Jack,
I just placed an order for more Pirelli slick last week. If you let me know soon what you want I can add to the order.

Regarding the Dunlop Super Sport Race, these tires were measured to be a little softer in compound than a Hooiser S03. I have driven them lightly at the driving school (you road me around the loop once or twice) and have driven them rather aggressively around the pitch and catch and on some back roads. I am going to try them out at the auto-x this weekend because I am also testing some other changes to the car in terms of handling. These tires have 8/32" tread and seem to stick like a Hoosier during my drives. I will know more this weekend after I run them harder in a safe area ;-)

If you are interested in these Dunlop's I need find out the availability as they are not widely available though I think they are nice tire for driving to events or used for wet conditions.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Return to General Discussions