It IS The people...not just the cars!!!

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

It IS The people...not just the cars!!!

Postby Mmagus on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:44 am

I think (just my opinion here) that sometime in the forum, we can get a bit quick to respond, a little worked up over things, perhaps even stating our thoughts without remembering that there is an actual person on the other end, not just a computer screen. This isn't unusual, its the nature of Forums in general. What brings things back to reality are weekends like we just had. I would be remiss for not mentioning the parties involved.

Lets start with Paul Y. As always generous beyond belief, let me attach myself on to his event plans, sharing a hotel room, sharing a garage at the track, providing encouragement and instruction. Helping fix the car, change tires, etc. Showing me that Tuffy could indeed enter turn 9 MUCH faster than I thought was possible before he drove it. (My brain was saying, "well...I guess we are going to see what an off at 105 looks like." Actually it was also screaming, "BRAKE PAUL BRAKE!!").

Jack who did a ride along with me adding his vast knowledge of the track to my pool of resources.

When my seat mount broke, (I claim its was massive G-Forces due to advance driving... :rockon: ) Phil C, Mark R., Sean, Rick, and an unknown person (Paul Y showed up with it from somewhere) all lent tools and hardware to get it fixed.

When on Sunday Tuffy would not go into 3rd coming out of Omega, Ryan of RSR jumped right in, tested the gears, checked the linkage, bled the clutch, and made the diagnosis that it was a
clutch that was gone...and that my rear main seal really needs replacing. Once it was clear that Tuffy would be out for the weekend, Mark R. lent me his stealth-mobile for timed laps. Mike M. offered to let me drive his car home and he would trailer Tuffy to my house, I declined because ANOTHER member had already agreed to help. Dan C. let me drive the Black Pearl home while he towed Tuffy! More were willing but had not brought street-able equipment for their cars. It didn't stop there, several more members helped get Tuffy loaded and strapped down correctly. I was dumbfounded by outpouring of good will and kindness.

Beyond even this there was a constant stream of goodhearted bantering, dinner invitations, offers of drinks, smiles and pats on the back. Maybe we should rename the Time Trial series to the Positive Affirmation Encounter Retreats?

I think I mentioned everyone but in case I didn't please know that your outstanding kindness was not taken lightly.

Thank you all VERY VERY much.

Mark
85.1 944 Sparky
'87 924S "Tuffy" #123, CC03
'81 928 "Leviathan" Gone to the great beyond.
Mmagus
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions