Garage rental at Fontana

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Garage rental at Fontana

Postby MVZ944T on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:31 pm

Anyone know how much the garage rental will be at Speedweek? Are they rented by the individual garage, or vehicle space. Seems like there are about 4 spaces to a garage? If I rent a garage, can I get a motorhome space with hookups adjacent to the garage?
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Fontana garages

Postby Dan Chambers on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:55 am

Mike:

Last year I rented a garage for the TT at Fontana. It was a per-car rental, and I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around $225.00 for the weekend.... maybe more.

The space is just wide enough for your car (one car) .... about the same as a parking space in a parking lot, and about 1.5 car-lenghts long. You'll get 1/2 table/workbench area use, and a pressurized air hoze hook-up for air/tool use; one roll-up door per 2 spots, so you and your "garage-mate" will enter/exit one big door .... first come, first to open the door in the morning kinda thing.

The camping/motorhome area is a mystery to me. From what I remember :roll: , the motor homes didn't have hook-ups. They were off in the pit area closest to the track on the north-side of the pit areas, and were completely self-contained (nothing more than a big asphalt parking lot, really). Most likely, if you "Motor-home" it out there for lodging, you'll have to park the motorhome away from the garages and walk to and from the garages, as the parking around the garages is really tight. I don't think they'll let you park the motorhome/trailer unit adjacent to the garages.

Contact Vince Knauf or Ron Mistak about this year's situation. They are the guys in charge, or click on the Club Race page on this website for information and contact sources.

Good luck!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Robert on Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:12 pm

Dan's description of the garage itself is correct. When you rent a garage, which this year is only $125 for the entire long weekend, you also get an approximately 50' space immediately outside the garage. There are 50-amp hookups on the island that separates the garage buildings, however, there is no water or sewer.

In the motorcoach paddock, which as Dan says is north of the garages, there is both electrical (30 and 50-amp) and water. If you don't rent a garage, but specify that you have an RV, you will be assigned to one of those spaces at no extra charge. If you wish to camp, either there or in one of the spaces opposite a garage (assuming you rented a garage), there is a $20 per night charge. This covers added security so that you have (near) 24-hour access in and out of the track.
Robert
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions