Host a Marine for THE SPEED FESTIVAL

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Host a Marine for THE SPEED FESTIVAL

Postby MVZ944T on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:24 am

If any of you would like to host a Marine for 1 day during speedweek, please let me know ASAP. I am going to try and get around 30-40 Marines for one day, maybe two, depending on what kind of response I get. Basically, each Marine would be assigned to a Speedweek entrant for the day. he or she would be more or less on there own, but if you have the time to show them some hospitality, that would be great. I think the PCA will comp the lunches, or maybe the track. Hopefully we can get them in a car for a lunch time track tour as a guest of an entrant. Doing this will hinge on Camp Pendleton being able to provide bus transportation to the track and back, which hopefully I will be able to pin down this week. And also response from members.

I think this would be a great way to show our appreciation for the job thes men and women are doing, and the risks they are having to take. If you are interested, please email me directly at mvz55@adelphia.net or show your support here on the forum. or both. :D
Last edited by MVZ944T on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Re: Host a Marine for Speedweek

Postby Greg Phillips on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:19 pm

MVZ944T wrote:If any of you would like to host a Marine for 1 day during speedweek, please let me know ASAP. :D

Are you talking about the Zone 8 Speed Festival at CA Speedway in march?

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Re: Host a Marine for Speedweek

Postby kary on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:31 pm

Greg Phillips wrote:
MVZ944T wrote:If any of you would like to host a Marine for 1 day during speedweek, please let me know ASAP. :D

Are you talking about the Zone 8 Speed Festival at CA Speedway in march?

Greg

If you are talking about our Fontana event then I would be happy to take a marine around and make them feel at home with us!!!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MVZ944T on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:03 am

Sorry, I meant the Speed Festival. Kary, thanks. I will have to get more interest however as so far you are the only one. Maybe as I named the event incorrectly is why. I will keep in touch with you.
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:34 pm

You can count me in also. Although, I am not sure what you mean by "host". I might need some more detail on that. But I would be happy to do what I can to help the Marines feel comfortable at the event.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby mnettles on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:01 pm

me too.

mj
mnettles
Autocrosser

Postby MVZ944T on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:42 pm

What I meant by host would be to more or less just make them feel wellcome. I am hoping to set up an area with soft drinks and water, the club will pay their entry and their lunch. If you can arrange to take them on a track tour ride, that would be great. The club will not comp that as it is a good income generator, but I fugure many of us will be doing the track tour anyway. I realize that all of us will be busy, but they can come and go as they wish. I just don't want to get a group here and have them fell like they are not wellcome. That is assuming that I can get it arranged to get them there.

Thanks,

Mike
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:41 pm

Yeah, sure not problem Mike. It's a shame the club will not comp the track tour. But maybe since they are always looking for pace cars to help manage the tours something can be arranged.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions