Warning to Porsche buyers...warranty issue and PCNA

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby rss996 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:59 pm

You better be careful with your car at these events from damage be it intentional or by accident. I have heard of people having the dealer look the other way and repair even knowing about "tracking" it and then is the other side like Sean...

I don't blame or fault Porsche for protecting themselves but it just seems that they should explain the dangers of racing these engines up to their limits: ie...smoking because of wet sump and oil starvation etc...

Porsche should start "informing" buyers that they should be careful at these events so as not to void their warranty..Thats all, just tell the public that if they screw it up by spinning or overrevving then they might have to pay for the repairs themselves...It is simple!

Like I said before, I am all for a company making tons of money but to hear Porsche constantly tooting their own horn for making so much money is getting a bit old, especially when you hear a story like Sean's!

Ben, how was the Car show at the outlets on Sat? I was out of town...
rss996
Autocrosser

Postby ben, lj on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:29 pm

rss996 wrote:Ben, how was the Car show at the outlets on Sat? I was out of town...

We had 72 cars for this 2nd get together vs. 39 for the first! Here are pictures of some of the cars:

http://furyxx.0catch.com/pages/20050226 ... index.html
ben, lj
Autocrosser

Postby rss996 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks for the pics...when is the next one? I hope not March 26th..that is our autocross here...

Keep us posted, I will be at the next one, with my measley old 997..

Robert
rss996
Autocrosser

Postby rss996 on Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:25 pm

Ben,

Nice speaking with you today...I agree, people with new cars should be aware of Porsche's changing stance on their products......

I can see why all the old time Porsche fanatics are a little upset with the company now....
rss996
Autocrosser

Postby ben, lj on Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:53 am

rss996 wrote:Ben,

Nice speaking with you today...I agree, people with new cars should be aware of Porsche's changing stance on their products......

I can see why all the old time Porsche fanatics are a little upset with the company now....

Yep, they don't build like they use to, though that doesn't stop em from advertising like they do. How about that "intergrated dry sump" on the window sticker on 996/7s. Ha! Used to be the enthusiast was the primary Porsche buyer, but today it's the poseur. The cars don't need to be engineered nearly as strong for poseurs.
ben, lj
Autocrosser

follow up

Postby ben, lj on Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:26 pm

I'm happy to report after further investigation into this matter, there were extenuating circumstances (which i won't discuss) which should allow us all to ignore this incident rather than consider it something to expect from porsche.
ben, lj
Autocrosser

Postby rss996 on Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:01 pm

As a final goodnight to this topic, I guess we will never know what exactly prompted Porsche to do this and maybe some things are better off left for the imagination........

Anyway we should all enjoy our cars and just not worry about what if's etc....
rss996
Autocrosser

Previous

Return to General Discussions