ok, fess up...

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Steve Grosekemper on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:09 pm

Don't feel bad Mike,
I have 2 944's, a 914 greatly resembling that remark and my 911 doesn't even run!!!
Doh! :banghead:
Steve Grosekemper #97
http://www.911SG.com
https://www.facebook.com/911steveg/
https://www.instagram.com/steve911sg/
PCA-SDR Tech Advisor/Scrutineer/Forum-Admin
1997 993S & 986S street cars & 911SC track car.
Steve Grosekemper
Admin

Postby Curt on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:35 pm

Hey, my black 911 pukes as much oil as ANY 914 and it needs a new motor. 911 jokes are funny to me too, but that's someone else's responsibilty, normally Jad's or Dan C. Bring them on! :D Did you think I was gonna make 911 jokes?
Curt
Time Trialer

911 joke

Postby Greg Phillips on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:50 pm

Curt wrote:Hey, my black 911 pukes as much oil as ANY 914 and it needs a new motor. 911 jokes are funny to me too, but that's someone else's responsibilty, normally Jad's or Dan C. Bring them on! :D Did you think I was gonna make 911 jokes?

You have to make up jokes about the 911 :?:

I thought they were the joke :shock:
Engines in the rear, air(oil)-cooled, boxer configuration :(

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:42 pm

That's really low Greg. You know Porsche wouldn't even be in business if it wasn't for the 911? The 911's rear-engined layout, while unorthodox, has helped it to be the most successful sports car in endurance racing history! Why do you think that is? The rear engine above the drive wheels provides excellent traction coming out of turns. You nancy boys with your water cooled cars make me ill.

I think that you guys need to stop this 911 bashing. It is totally unwarranted and I think it just shows a very deep seated jealousy and resentment towards the very car that defines the name Porsche. Just because the 911 is too hard to drive for you infidels is no reason to show such utter disrespect for it and it's owners. Don't hate us because we are beautiful!

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Did anyone fall for that? My make believe knee jerk reaction to someone joking about my beloved favorite car? :roflmao:
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Curt wrote:You nancy boys with your water cooled cars make me ill.

Well, at least he admits I'm a boy now. Heading in the right direction anyway.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Curt on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:43 pm

MikeD wrote:
Curt wrote:You nancy boys with your water cooled cars make me ill.

Well, at least he admits I'm a boy now. Heading in the right direction anyway.

Oh man Mike.... you know how everyone always types in "LOL"? You literally made me laugh out loud on that one. :lol:
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Pete Millikin on Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:20 am

Shecky, err Curt - great stuff.
I hear you have already been booked into the Pahrump Nv lounge later in the year. Who knows, a couple of nights at the improv, develop a TV pilot based on Dan's life and pretty soon you'll be comparing garages and Porsche collections with that Seinfeld guy.
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:56 am

Curt wrote:That's really low Greg. You know Porsche wouldn't even be in business if it wasn't for the 911?

I'm thinking Porsche wouldn't even be in business if it weren't for the VW...... After all, parts is parts (think history, folks):lol: And, let's not forget the boost the (GASP! :shock: ) 944 sales gave Porsche to rescue the company from lousy 911 sales :twisted: :cry:

Curt wrote:Don't hate us because we are beautiful!

I need a new emoticon ... one with a head in a bucket....puking! (Hurrrrllllll!) What's that old saying, "Beauty is only skin deep; ugly runs clear through." :roll:

Very entertaining smack-down, Curt. I agree with Pete; I think a comedy road-show is in order for you. We all know you can't drive, so maybe a comedy road-show will give us an additional laugh.... to go along with your poor track/road handling skills :shock:

(Okay. Now I'm in trouble! Incoming..... :shock: )

DC
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:48 am

Curt wrote:The 911's rear-engined layout, while unorthodox, has helped it to be the most successful sports car in endurance racing history! Why do you think that is? The rear engine above the drive wheels provides excellent traction coming out of turns.

Hey Curt, if thats true, Greg should be REALLY fast as he has more weight on the drive wheels than your entire car :shock: :lol:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Burl East on Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:14 am

Curt,

That deserves a sidebar in Christopherous under the heading Zees Americans - what will zee think of next? . I am sure the krauts would find it funny. Anythime you want to take over as announcer it works for me. Other than Dan's hair that was the best thing I have read in a month. :P
Burl East
X-CDI
#975 'David M' Stompin RS America
BMW Z8
Aston Martin DB9 (as soon as I get some scratch)
Burl East
Autocrosser

Postby Mike on Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:45 am

Dan Chambers wrote:
Curt wrote:Don't hate us because we are beautiful!

"Beauty is only skin deep; ugly runs clear through." :roll:

DC does your wife know you talk about her Porsche like that? :wink: :wink:
Mike
Club Racer

Postby Curt on Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:43 pm

Dan Chambers wrote:[

Very entertaining smack-down, Curt. I agree with Pete; I think a comedy road-show is in order for you. We all know you can't drive, so maybe a comedy road-show will give us an additional laugh.... to go along with your poor track/road handling skills :shock:

(Okay. Now I'm in trouble! Incoming..... :shock: )

DC

Dan,
First of all, keep in mind that anyone can drive the correct line and have time mentally to run through all the proper technical procedures when they are driving at the speeds you are going.:shock::D I used to think I knew what I was doing when I used to autocross my black 911T in FSS and then GS. Of course the car had about 17 hp (22 hp with illegal venturis though, right Steve?:wink:) and could reach speeds of up to 37-38 mph on the straights and I don't think I ever missed an apex. Heck, I even did some instructing back then and thought I knew what I was talking about. Then I got the orange car, man things happen fast in this car. One of these days I'm going to learn to drive it too!

Plus come on Dan! We all saw you when you drove Pete's 911 Carrera at the DE last summer. The smile on your face when you got out of that car was worth 1,000 words. Man, I haven't had a smile LIKE THAT on my face since the time Trevor Phillips and I found his dads Playboy stash when we were in the 3rd grade. :D

Go ahead and dis the 911 all you want, but definitely spend some time working on your poker face for the next time you get out of one after driving it...... :lol:
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Curt on Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:49 pm

Burl East wrote:Curt,

That deserves a sidebar in Christopherous under the heading Zees Americans - what will zee think of next? . I am sure the krauts would find it funny. Anythime you want to take over as announcer it works for me. Other than Dan's hair that was the best thing I have read in a month. :P

Burl,
I think the position of autocross announcer fits you perfectly. You are funny as heII doing it too. I don't think I would have much interest in it......but ........ wait............ does it get you out of cornerworking? :lol:
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Curt on Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:03 pm

I don't know why everyone singles me out on this forum. All I do is check in to see when the next bake sale is going to be and if there is a need for me to bring my famous Rice Krispy Treats to help out the club. This forum is just full of trash talking hooligans trying to drag me into their nonsensical "discussions". As you can see, I am above all this. I will not be brought down to your level.

I feel alienated in this club. Look at this photo from the last Streets event for proof :D

Image[/img]
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Dan Chambers on Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 pm

Curt wrote:
Dan,
First of all, keep in mind that anyone can drive the correct line and have time mentally to run through all the proper technical procedures when they are driving at the speeds you are going.:shock::D I used to think I knew what I was doing when I used to autocross my black 911T in FSS and then GS. Of course the car had about 17 hp (22 hp with illegal venturis though, right Steve?:wink:) and could reach speeds of up to 37-38 mph on the straights and I don't think I ever missed an apex. Heck, I even did some instructing back then and thought I knew what I was talking about. Then I got the orange car, man things happen fast in this car. One of these days I'm going to learn to drive it too!

Plus come on Dan! We all saw you when you drove Pete's 911 Carrera at the DE last summer. The smile on your face when you got out of that car was worth 1,000 words. Man, I haven't had a smile LIKE THAT on my face since the time Trevor Phillips and I found his dads Playboy stash when we were in the 3rd grade. :D

Go ahead and dis the 911 all you want, but definitely spend some time working on your poker face for the next time you get out of one after driving it...... :lol:

Curt, you're right. I did have a fairly wide grin on my chops after chasing down other 911's (996's) and Boxters in Pete's car. :D I'm busted. Totally busted. :oops:

I should also say that if there was such a car as the 944 suspension/balance plus 911 power-to-weight ratio, I'd be grinning even wider. (Maybe I should try Ibbitson's or Duncan's car again....... :roll: ). Until I do find that kind o' car, I'll have to practice my stone-face reactions more. :evil: No, that's not it. :twisted: Nope, not that, either. :( Well sorta. 8) Very close.

I'll work on it, Curt. Keep up the good humor :wink: .

DC
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions