My purchase of a new 997 over the weekend

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

My purchase of a new 997 over the weekend

Postby JasonK on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi all,

I was a regular autocrosser about 2 years ago with my '01 Boxster. I have been out of the mix for a while but I am eager to return. I just purchased a '05 seal grey 997 over the weekend. It is incredible!!! Because of my experience with porsche club, I called Chris Huck over at Pioneer. I have to say those guys are top notch and wanted to post it here. Chris knows his stuff and was a pleasure to work with. If you are thinking of buying a new ride, don't even hesitate...just call him up and get it. He'll treat you right.

Jason Kreidman
JasonK

Thanks!

Postby Chris Huck on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:28 am

For your kind words, & for your business!!
Chris Huck
Admin

Postby David Ray on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:21 pm

Welcome with a new car. WOW!

Check the posts here - there was someone in the club that couldn't get his car fixed by Pioneer due to AXing and a non-stop smoking engine.

Remember, a salesperson can't honor a warranty, it's up to the dealership. But have fun anyway! :)
David Ray
Autocrosser

Postby ben, lj on Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:55 am

David Ray wrote:Welcome with a new car. WOW!

Check the posts here - there was someone in the club that couldn't get his car fixed by Pioneer due to AXing and a non-stop smoking engine.

Remember, a salesperson can't honor a warranty, it's up to the dealership. But have fun anyway! :)

Ah, they're not that bad. Don't exceed the speed limit or take corners fast and they should hold up ok - or at least Porsche will fix it :lol:
ben, lj
Autocrosser

Postby Bob Gagnon on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:48 am

Actually it is up to Porsche Cars North America what warrantee work is done, not the dealer.

The dealership just has to make sure the warrantee work they do is in line with PCNA protocol so they get paid for it by PCNA.

If there is a questionable warrantee issue, a meeting is scheduled with a PCNA district representative who goes over the problem and decides if the warrantee applies to the problem. All the dealer can do at this point is go to bat for you by telling PCNA what a great customer you are to Porsche. :D
Bob Gagnon
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions