YAPCWP - Yet Another Paid Corner Working Poll

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

What do you think about crediting volunteers with the increased fee if they work corners during a lunch "break"?

I like it.
67%
I have a better idea (see comment below).
No votes
I like the idea of lunch volunteers, but they should not get refunds/credits.
20%
The track should just go cold for the lunch break.
13%

Total votes : 15

YAPCWP - Yet Another Paid Corner Working Poll

Postby Kim Crosser on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:50 am

There have been lots of issues raised about a lunch time track shutdown if we elect to use paid corner workers.

Last night, my wife suggested the following approach, which may solve several issues:

(Note - this assumes that IF we use paid corner workers, there will be an increase in the registration fee to cover the additional cost, and this fee will be around $10-11/event.)

We would have a sign up sheet at registration, where corner working volunteers can sign up to work corners during the lunch break. The first 10 persons to sign up would work corners and would receive a credit against future event fees in the amount of the corner working registration fee increase.

Benefits: corner workers get their break; the track stays hot; those who want to work corners and/or don't want to pay the increased fee can do both.

Comments are welcomed. (Duck... incoming :wink: )

PLEASE - no comments about "why do we need paid workers?", etc. That is NOT what this thread is about. Come to the March 26th AX and answer our poll questions - we are not making any decisions until we have taken a complete sounding of the AX participants. This is purely a sounding of a possible way to keep the track hot IF we use paid workers.
2012 Panamera 4
2013 Cayenne
2008-2009 Treasurer
Kim Crosser
Club Racer

Postby ajackson on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:57 am

Wait, let me think about this...

If I don't like paid corner workers, I can save the extra fee and work during lunch. If I like paid corner workers I can pay my money and spend the whole day driving/relaxing.

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. It will be real obvious how people feel then. If the lunch time corner working is overflowing, everyone wants to do it. If it is hard to find people during lunch, everyone wants paid workers.
Alan Jackson
77 911S 3.2L
ajackson
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:00 am

Maybe we should also require first time students to cornerwork (or help cornerwork) and at least learn the basics of cornerworking and watching and learning from the cars on the course.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Kim Crosser on Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:14 pm

(I should have posted the appropriate disclaimers :oops: )

Everyone please note that ALL ideas floated on this forum are ideas only - they are to stimulate discussion and get opinions.

All comments, ideas, etc., will ultimately be used to formulate some suggested policies to the Board, who will make any actual decisions as to what/when/how any of these might become real.

NONE of these postings represent "official" PCA-SDR Board positions or statements - they are all exploratory and used to gather information.
2012 Panamera 4
2013 Cayenne
2008-2009 Treasurer
Kim Crosser
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions