Drivers School Instructors

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Drivers School Instructors

Postby Burl East on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:55 pm

Hey fast shoe!

We are fast approaching school daze on April 9th and 10th. I have heard from many of you and we have about 42 instructors confirmed with another handful of maybes.

I need about 10 more of you to step up and committ to teach.

All I can promise is crappy food, whining people (oh wait that's at work). All I can promise of the joy of helping someone get the most out of their Porsche and then tell another enthusiats about how good an instructor you were and how much they liked the school. (you will notice that there is no money in this) :P

If for some reason you have not been contacted (because we have a bad email address for instance) email me at beast@silverportalcapital.com

Burl East
X-CDI
#975 'David M' Stompin RS America
BMW Z8
Aston Martin DB9 (as soon as I get some scratch)
Burl East
Autocrosser

Postby MikeD on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:12 pm

That's the same weekend as POC's Tribute to Le Mans, so I imagine you will be short instructors who race with both clubs.

Any other weekend and I would be there, sorry.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:30 pm

MikeD wrote:That's the same weekend as POC's Tribute to Le Mans, so I imagine you will be short instructors who race with both clubs.

Ditto!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MarthaMc on Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:49 pm

Lewis Wise is now lewis@sdgalv.com.
Steve Livelsberger at Ericsson is no longer valid.
MarthaMc
Autocrosser

Re: Drivers School Instructors

Postby Dan Chambers on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:05 pm

Burl East wrote:
All I can promise is crappy food, whining people (oh wait that's at work). All I can promise of the joy of helping someone get the most out of their Porsche and then tell another enthusiats about how good an instructor you were and how much they liked the school. (you will notice that there is no money in this) :P

Oh, come now, Burl. Let's not forget: :roll:

1) GREAT food (by Taco King, Starbucks, Costco, etc.) both days. Cost: FREE. :D
2) Track time on Sunday in your car and/or your Students's car. Track Fees: FREE :D
3) Hangin' out with your old buddies and making new friends in the pits both days ... kinda like an Autocross with Paid Cornerworkers. Cost: FREE :D
Nice Polo/Golf-style shirt with PCA logo and "braggin' rights" word (Instructor). Cost: FREE :D
4) Pitch-and-Catch / Drifting contest at the end of Sunday (okay, so it's not an official event, but let's be serious about the reality of those crazy Instructors). Cost: TIRES...and FREE. :shock: :D
5) Beer, wine (or is it 'whine') and story-telling at the end of both days. Cost: FREE. :D
Appriciation and recognition of all your efforts and volunteerism: FREE. :wink:

As I've said before, this is one of my favorite events of the year. I truly love workng it, seeing new "Drivers" get really pumped up about their P-cars, and hang with my bud's surrounded by millions of dollars worth of beautiful Porsches. And it's FREE!

Just my opinion. :wink:
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby lowyder993s on Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:14 pm

That's the same weekend as POC's Tribute to Le Mans, so I imagine you will be short instructors who race with both clubs.

What he said...sorry
Jim
97 c2s street
76 RSR wing-thing #352 track -for sale
71 3.8 RS+ Track
lowyder993s
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions