Time trial smack talk? Where is it?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby MVZ944T on Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:40 pm

Okay, that's it, I am turning the boost up :twisted: . Do we have a radar gun, I want to see if I can hit 165 on the straight : Where is Bob Erhman at? And Groskemper. Damn, I hope it does not rain! :
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:44 pm

Jad wrote:Turbo, Yea, yea, thats what I thought until last years CFOS when on got on Bob's tail with a great launch onto the oval only to watch him quickly disappearing into the distance as we went down the front straight :shock: A 250 hp turbo should keep up, but then I learn Bob's 250 hp RSA has more like 280! I figured with 250 lbs out, I would have a sporting chance, but now he goes and buys Hoosiers and Martin is complaining his car weighs too much, what is this world coming to? They both have more power and less weight than me, so I am really going to work to steal the candy from those babies :P

Kary, throw some Toyo or Victorracers on and play with us in KP. Then I will show you some late braking :twisted:

Ok, I do you one better than that, I will run some Dunlop Super SPort race tires. These are street tires with lots of tread and same tread wear as toyo and Kumhp victors. How does that sound? We can run in the wet also 8)
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby kary on Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:46 pm

MVZ944T wrote:Okay, that's it, I am turning the boost up :twisted: . Do we have a radar gun, I want to see if I can hit 165 on the straight : Where is Bob Erhman at? And Groskemper. Damn, I hope it does not rain! :

You might want to watch out for Bob Brooks in his 993 turbo. It is not really very stock, particularly the turbo's, but he will hit at least that into turn one as he hits 150 at turn 1 at WSIR. He will be with the Devek folks.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby martinreinhardt on Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:58 pm

I think Greg has a radar gun, I will bring my radar gun just in case. :lol: I have respect from these 944 Turbo's (I should NEVER have sold my Factory CUP car to buy a new Boxster :banghead: even if it was driven by a french driver in the cup series :lol:)
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:17 pm

Jad,
Are you still claiming that your car is only 250 HP? Why don't you spend the $18 and put a chip in that land yacht? Boost that turbo, like everyone else who has a turbo car does. Chip and exhaust are both free points aren't they? That dingy should be at 300 hp at least. Oops, shhhhh that's right, it's totally stock.... :lol: Mine too with a 2.4T motor with CIS. I don't know why my CIS looks like MFI, it's totally stock and has 140 hp at the crank. :wink:

AM classers Mick Rosen and I will be running out in the Speedway parking lot, doing the 2-day TT with the Alfa Romeo club. Mick couldn't get away on Friday, and I'm not a big fan of cement walls at 140 mph. We'll try and uphold the Porsche banner.

Slightly off topic, but did any of you guys get asked by your life insurance companies if you take part in motorsports? I did. What's up with that? :shock: :D
Last edited by Curt on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Curt wrote:Jad,
Are you still claiming that your car is only 250 HP? Why don't you spend the $18 and put a chip in that land yacht? Boost that turbo, like everyone else who has a turbo car does. Chip and exhaust are both free points aren't they? That dingy should be at 300 hp at least. Oops, shhhhh that's right, it's totally stock.... :lol: Mine too with a 2.4T motor with CIS. I don't know why my CIS looks like MFI, it's totally stock and has 140 hp at the crank. :wink:

Mick Rosen and I will be running out in the parking lot, doing the 2-day TT with the Alfa Romeo club. Neither of us could get away on Friday, and I'm not a big fan of cement walls at 140 mph. Slightly off topic, but did any of you guys get asked by your life insurance companies if you take part in motorsports? I did. What's up with that? :shock: :D

No questions about motorsports, just scuba and sky diving.

BTW, I did not know your crate could go 140 mph, or is that with a hurricane as a tail wind? :lol:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:28 pm

kary wrote:

Mick Rosen and I will be running out in the parking lot, doing the 2-day TT with the Alfa Romeo club. Neither of us could get away on Friday, and I'm not a big fan of cement walls at 140 mph. Slightly off topic, but did any of you guys get asked by your life insurance companies if you take part in motorsports? I did. What's up with that? :shock: :D

No questions about motorsports, just scuba and sky diving.

BTW, I did not know your crate could go 140 mph, or is that with a hurricane as a tail wind? :lol:

HeII Kary, I don't know if it will do 140 mph. For what I put into that piece, I should have bought a freaking race-prepped 993.
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:05 pm

Slightly off topic, but did any of you guys get asked by your life insurance companies if you take part in motorsports? I did. What's up with that? :shock: :D

Actually, I was getting about 217 at the wheels on the GTech, which is just about 250 at the flywheel like it should be. Don't have to spend the $18 to get the chip, I have it. Unfortunately, I have heard so many stories about 'chipped' turbos going boom I have been chicken to use it (Steve constantly saying to put it in so his kids can attend a better college doesn't help either). When I bought it, it was dyno-ed at ~310 flywheel at Huntleys during a tech session. Of course, the last couple of events I have been bringing the extra chip, just haven't installed it yet :?

My insurance asked a lot about my racing and wanted all the details. Fortunately, uh I don't race, mostly just single car driving around cones against the clock in a parking lot. Yeh, thats all I do :?:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:24 pm

Sounds like you guys in the TT will be having some fun. Don't forget to check out the Club Racing when you get a chance. Should be some entertaining battles.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby bibbetson on Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:24 pm

:( :( :(

Can't go to Fontana, can't trash talk. What's this world coming to.

Unless Jad gets the nerve to install his chip, my money is on Bob. It's his turn anyways. Bob, make sure you burn up those Hoosiers before the next Autocorss!
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Postby MVZ944T on Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:10 am

Kary,

I will have to live with my used Goodyears, no rain tires. No guts, no glory I guess. I am curious about what kind of speed I can hit on the straights though. Previous owner claimed he hit 165 with 20lbs of boost. He turned 126's with the car at WSIR before it was a widebody on slicks. I can hit close to 150 at WSIR with 15lbs boost. Soooooooooooooo, if it does not rain.
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Previous

Return to General Discussions