Z8 FOS pics

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Z8 FOS pics

Postby Greg Phillips on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:58 am

Thanks to everyone who put on the past weeeknd's event.
Here is a link to the thumbnails of thi pics form Friday and Saturday.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phigr@pac ... CBkd5sD.4S

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Sunday pics part 1

Postby Greg Phillips on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:59 am

Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:14 pm

Thanks Greg. Great pictures, plus, for anyone who doesn't know already, Yahoo prints the pictures and mails them to you really cheap. Nice quality as well. I usually order the 4x6 for about $.19 each, but they usually wave the price and send me my 4-5 pictures for just the $1.95 shipping and handling.

Works great if you just want a couple nice pictures to remember the event with, and not the $30 'professional' print.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby jrgordonsenior on Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:26 pm

Thank you, great tip!

Jad wrote:Thanks Greg. Great pictures, plus, for anyone who doesn't know already, Yahoo prints the pictures and mails them to you really cheap. Nice quality as well. I usually order the 4x6 for about $.19 each, but they usually wave the price and send me my 4-5 pictures for just the $1.95 shipping and handling.

Works great if you just want a couple nice pictures to remember the event with, and not the $30 'professional' print.
Spec Boxster-sold
997 S-garage queen
jrgordonsenior
Autocrosser

Postby gulf911 on Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:44 am

Jad wrote:

I think I might want to forget the event.... :lol:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:17 am

gulf911 wrote:
Jad wrote:

I think I might want to forget the event.... :lol:

I tried to get some cool time lapse pictures of the sun crossing the sky as your car was motionless on the start finish, but Curt and his son kept walking past you and messing things up :P
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:29 pm

you just keep getting funnier.... :lol: Not any faster...but funnier... :shock: You going to Buttonwillow Mr. Neptune?
Dan Andrews
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:39 pm

I am planning on Buttonwillow.

Of course, as I recall, last time we were both at BW, I remember seeing your arm out the window pointing me by :D .....and that was when I had skinny tires, no intercooler breathing, original suspension and LOTS of extra weight. You have no hope now, not even with a 747 wing on the tail and a second used as a splitter :lol: (if you do add the wings, keep the jet engines attached and I wont lap you as quickly 8) )
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:32 pm

I'm sorry about my son ruining your pictures Jad. He's at that age where he doesn't quite understand the etiquette and sensitivity required in dealing with people like Dan. I'm trying to teach him not to point at people who are special, but he kept on pointing at Dan in his car and saying, "Dad, how come that special kid gets to wear his helmet even when he's not on the short bus?". I tried to tell him that Dan wasn't actually special, that he was just really slow. He said, "I thought you said that if someone was really slow, that meant they were special." That's pretty solid logic for a 5 year old. Sorry Dan, kids say the darndest things, don't they?

Maybe Dan should look into getting a Special K sponsorship.

Regarding Buttonwillow... let the whoopin' commence! :roll:

We have a plan for making Jad REALLY slow at Buttonwillow. It involves four cars. Two cars weren't enough at Buttonwillow last time and Jad outsmarted us and climbed through his hatchback and drove off leaving Dan and I scratching our heads wondering how Jad got his car out. OK Dan, post that picture of our cars and Jads from Buttonwillow so this paragraph makes sense! :D
Last edited by Curt on Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Curt wrote:I'm sorry about my son ruining your pictures Jad. He's at that age where he doesn't quite understand the etiquette and sensitivity required in dealing with people like Dan. I'm trying to teach him not to point at people who are special, but he kept on pointing at Dan in his car and saying, "Dad, how come that special kid gets to wear his helmet even when he's not on the short bus?". I tried to tell him that Dan wasn't actually special, that he was just quite slow. He said, "I thought you said people who were really slow meant that they were special." That's pretty solid logic for a 5 year old. Sorry Dan, kids say the darndest things, don't they?

Maybe Dan should look into getting a Special K sponsorship.

Regarding Buttonwillow... let the whoopin' commence! :roll:

We have a plan for making Jad REALLY slow at Buttonwillow. It involves four cars. Two cars weren't enough at Buttonwillow last time and Jad outsmarted us and climbed through his hatchback and drove off leaving Dan and I scratching our heads wondering how Jad got his car out out. OK Dan, post that picture of our cars and Jads from Buttonwillow so this paragraph makes sense! :D

Very funny :lol: and I must admit I almost fell down laughing at BW when I walked out of the hotel and saw your cars surrounding mine, nice one :beerchug: Not as good as 'my dad is a priest' :lol: , but quite good! You have certainly been beating me off the track, but I may have to work on that as well :twisted:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:26 pm

No Jad, I told Dan your dad was a pastor after Dan let rip a string of potty words in front of you two after you beat him....... AGAIN!

I swear the look on Dans face was priceless. If your dad had been a priest, that would mean he wouldn't have had kids. That would mean there would be no Jad Duncan driving a 944 Turbo and beating up on us. Us air-cooled jalopy drivers can dream, can't we?

And that was not my son I was walking around with at California Speedway. It was Mick Rosen.

But wait, after we got our results from the Alfa club event, I guess Mick is my son considering I'm his DADDY![/i]
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby gulf911 on Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:18 pm

We have a plan for making Jad REALLY slow at Buttonwillow. It involves four cars. Two cars weren't enough at Buttonwillow last time and Jad outsmarted us and climbed through his hatchback and drove off leaving Dan and I scratching our heads wondering how Jad got his car out. OK Dan, post that picture of our cars and Jads from Buttonwillow so this paragraph makes sense!

Here you go.... :roflmao:

Dan Andrews
gulf911
Pro Racer

Re: Z8 FOS pics

Postby MikeD on Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:47 pm

Greg Phillips wrote:Thanks to everyone who put on the past weeeknd's event.
Here is a link to the thumbnails of thi pics form Friday and Saturday.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phigr@pac ... CBkd5sD.4S

Greg

Hey Greg,

Great shots. You got the shot I need for my log books (IMG_9057t). If you still have that pic can you print out a couple 5x7's (or smaller)? Thanks, and let me know.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Prints

Postby Greg Phillips on Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Mike
I have printed a page with 2 5x7 and will try to remember to bring to an upcoming event like the PDS this weekend. :wink:

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Return to General Discussions