TT fast times

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

TT fast times

Postby MVZ944T on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:50 am

Congradulations to the PCA/SDR TT drivers in the top 10, there were some pretty fast times, especially considering they pinched down the turn back into the oval. If any of you were bummed by the #1 and #2 places of Robert Daryrimple and Chris O'Donnel, don't feel bad. O'Donnel's car is an ex-factory Alex Jobe car, plus he was SCCA National Auto-X champ something like 11 times. This was his 3rd time in the car and 3rd time on a big track, so he is no slouch. God run Chris! Daryrimples car is just a plain rocket! Sorry I could not be in the mix and hopefully have aced out one of you guys for a top 10 place. Maybe next time. It was tough having to watch and not drive! Engine is now being rebuilt however and the boost setting will go up!!!

Congradulations on good runs for all the rest of the SDR and PCA drivers too! Considering the rain, it was a great event. Thanks again to all that helped put it on :beerchug: .

Mike VZ
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby Doug on Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:19 pm

Hi guys,

I'm glad you all got some dry track time mixed in with the wet at CA Speedway!

Just wanted to comment on Robert Dalyrimple....he's a great guy who heads up a video production company. When we did our "R&T Best Car 2004" video that aired on Speed Channel, Robert and his crew did an outstanding job. And he used his Porsche on the big track at Willow for a lot of the car-to-car photography of the Subaru Impreza STi, Mazda RX-8, etc. that we had as our finalists. Nice to have the Porsche as a business tool that's no doubt a tax write-off!

I knew it was a quick car, but that time is blistering! Obviously he's driving it well, too... :D :D

Chris O'Donnell is a quality person too. We tested his Lotus Elan autocrosser years ago in the magazine. Good to see him on the big tracks.

--Doug
Doug Kott
1989 944 S2
Doug

Return to General Discussions