Big thanks to all the QDE volunteers!

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Big thanks to all the QDE volunteers!

Postby Mike on Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Dan C, Gary B, Steve D, Martha and Cecilia and all others concerned ran a very nice event.
It sure was fun to run at the Q. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I did not see, meet or hear of one negative comment. Overall a very positive experience!

My car felt a little loose in the Q which helped it rotate around some of the 2nd and 3rd gear turns. Tonight I have more confidence (perhaps my skills are less rusty now too) for driving the car at max (or greater) slip angles.
All the drivers were very courteous on the track too, thank you.

Steve G was just impressive/smooth and fast as he reeled me and then left me. It was rolling thunder when Greg P in th 928 roared by me on the front straight! I just wanted to follow GP to watch him finesse that monster around the Q! Fun people and a fun mix of cars too!

That really did satisfy my track fix for a couple of weeks.
Sure I killed a family of cones and my cheapo Lexan splitter, but had a blast doing it!
Racingly,
Mike G
Mike
Club Racer

Volunteers, Thanks all!

Postby Dan Chambers on Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:52 am

Hey everyone:

A "big thank you" to all those who arrived early and stayed late Saturday and Sunday. Lots of hands made for easier labor. Thanks everyone.

Mike, sorry to hear about your splitter. Try to remember that cones aren't like gators at the big tracks. If you roll over a cone, you may pay the price :lol: .

A HUGE thanks and High-Five to Gary Burch who handled the whole weekend. His efforts started 3 weeks ago with track designs (they were both wholey and soley his design), safety checks with the Safety Team; arriving at 5:30AM Saturday/6:00AM Sunday and working both days until he was the last to leave; coordinating volunteers, handling problems; and driving to a second place position. The guy's tireless, and amazing. 8)

Finally, to Dan Andrews, who, with a little inspiration from Krispy Kreme, arrived early Sunday morning from Orange County to help the track throwing crew throw the track, and "rope" the track with Gary, Mike Gagen, and me. Way to go, Dan! (I can no longer give you grief about not being there early in the morning.) :wink:

And for those of you who might have missed it .... do you think we might have had some fun? Just ask the participants. I'm sure they'll have something nice to say. :)

Thanks everyone. I had a blast, too!!
Let's do it again!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Pete Millikin on Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:15 am

Absolutely fun event- well run, lots of volunters and great driving. I reallly appreciate these opportunities to hone my skills and tune my car without having to drive hours to a track. No knock on our away events, I just appreciate the convenience of a home based DE.

I hit my share of cones, but I did hear the corner worker for turn 1 finger car #59 as a leading cone killer.
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Huge Thanks to all......

Postby gulf911 on Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:05 am

I must say I haven't had a better weekend in a long time. My thanks to Gary Burch for those track designs they were both fast and challenging. Great Job! I had a great time dicing it up with Mike G., Mick Rosen, Curt Anderson and newcomer Mitch Rossi in the Martini 911. Big thanks to Dan C. for the Krispy Kremes, they were excellent!! I will remember to take them off the roof of the car before driving away next time... :) Thanks to Martha & Cecilia, the corner workers and all the volunteers that made this weekend happen. Thanks again!

Dan Andrews
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Red Rooster on Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:22 pm

I agree....had a great day....thanks to Gary, Martha, Cecilia, Dan and all the others who gave their time to make the QDE "THE" place to be !!

The track was perhaps for me at least, the funest I have driven at the Q. ...fast at the bottom and tight and technical at the top...great mix !!!

It was a great day to break in the new engine & trans and get used to the feel of the new suspension after my 4.5 month hiatus.

Thanks to everyone!!!
Johnny Riz
Red 73 911 AM #255
Red Rooster
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions