Auto-X Results are posted here.......

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Auto-X Results are posted here.......

Postby kary on Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:29 pm

Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby ttweed on Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:04 pm

While Henry Walker entered GS class for this event, his car is actually legal in FS/S, as far as I know, and he and Gary Burch have just moved up in class for the competition. Considering that he is running in less than optimal trim for the class, his 79.62 best lap was exceptional, in my opinion. If the index for FS/S was applied to his time instead of the GS index, he would have been second in the BRI with a 78.346 corrected time. As it is, on raw time, he beat Jerry Sturm's winning GP lap by .08 sec. Way to go, Henry!
:beerchug:

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby martinreinhardt on Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:55 pm

Thanks Kary

I noticed that Bob B. season score is not correct because he changed his number from 904 to 4.
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby kary on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:07 am

martinreinhardt wrote:Thanks Kary

I noticed that Bob B. season score is not correct because he changed his number from 904 to 4.

This comes up often unfortunately. It is important that folks realize that if they want a consistent overall season points total that they have the correct class designation (which has really been an issue this year) and they have a consistent car number. The database that we use identifies a driver with a car. A car is identified by a class and a number. Therefore it is the responsibility of the driver of the car to make sure they are using a consistent class and car number if they want their scoring to be accurate.

What I have done in the past is gone back within a single year and changed the previous car number to the current number they are using. This puts things in line for the overall season score.

If you have an issue like this, then please e-mail me and I will try and make the correction. Let's not make this a regular thing though :roll:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 am

Nice Driving Martin! Sorry I missed the AX, the new lighter Turbo may have given you a run for the class...

Bill, too much wax weighing you down? No TTOD?
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby bibbetson on Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:21 pm

Sorry, no excuses here. Martin just out drove me.

Then again...

5 - I shouldn't have adjusted that sway-bar.
4 - Driving an RV 3,000 miles for a week before the event wasn't a good idea.
3 - I should have paid Steve G the ransom he was asking.
2 - I used up all my karma smack talking the last events.
1 - Martin must have taken a couple extra ounces out of his car.
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Postby martinreinhardt on Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:10 pm

Thanks, I had a great time.

If only I had loosen the sway bar at Fontana it would have helped me to at least be 1 or 2 seconds faster, but I didn't want to hear it, and learned it the hard way. :roll:

Hehe, I actually added a 40 pounds roll bar. But removed the cruise control (no more cruising) :lol: :lol: :lol: . I never understood this: a cruise control on a manual car and just as strange is AC on a convertible.
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby bobbrand on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:27 pm

I have my own whine.
I had a clean 1:15.12 time on my hotlap during timed runs that was disqualified because another car on track got out of order after a spin. It would still not have been enough to beat Martin, but I think I should have knocked that RV driver back a place.

Unfortunately, the two reruns that I got were not enough to repeat it. (Go figure - I don't get a rerun for three years, and now I get two in one day and I can't capitalize on it).

My official times are still a little screwed up. My first +1 cone run repeats for both my first and second timed runs. I was offered the opportunity to correct the results, but my other fastest time was a mid-1:15 of some sort, and not enough to beat Bill. In any case, Martin had a magic time, and Bill was consistently there. Congratulations to both.

At least I could listen to the stereo on the way home Martin.

BTW - Great track. Thanks again to the AX team for another winner.
bobbrand
Autocrosser

Postby Henry Walker on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:56 pm

ttweed wrote:While Henry Walker entered GS class for this event, his car is actually legal in FS/S, as far as I know, and he and Gary Burch have just moved up in class for the competition. Considering that he is running in less than optimal trim for the class, his 79.62 best lap was exceptional, in my opinion. If the index for FS/S was applied to his time instead of the GS index, he would have been second in the BRI with a 78.346 corrected time. As it is, on raw time, he beat Jerry Sturm's winning GP lap by .08 sec. Way to go, Henry!
:beerchug:

TT

Wow! Quite a compliment. :oops: Yes, I'm still running a 3-point car (sway bars & Azenis). Thanks also to Jerry Sturm, who made a point of finding me after the AX to mention how we compare.
Now if I could find out how I can ever cut a WHOLE THREE SECONDS off my time to catch TT! I'd better use my remaining three points wisely. But I'll wait for the Azenis to wear out first.
Henry Walker
'67 911SWB #122
'65 356C-daily driver
Henry Walker

Postby Kim Crosser on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:58 pm

Hey - A/C in a convertible is great. I like to cool off between runs on a warm day - I just have to remember to turn it off at Start. I have run more than a couple of laps and then discovered the A/C on at the end. :oops:

If we ever do another Fontana AX in July-September, you will definitely discover the value of A/C in a convertible. :shock:

That was a fun track - that darned U-turn at the end of the top straight caught me several times, including a DNF on the last run. I had a <insert great time here> run going until then. :wink:

That was easily the smoothest swale transition track we have had there - I didn't even notice a bump. :D

The sweeper into the chicane at the top was great fun, with just enough pucker factor. 8) :shock: 8) I am surprised we didn't have some big spins up there - I know I almost lost it completely on one run there.
2012 Panamera 4
2013 Cayenne
2008-2009 Treasurer
Kim Crosser
Club Racer

Postby ttweed on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:40 am

Henry Walker wrote: Now if I could find out how I can ever cut a WHOLE THREE SECONDS off my time to catch TT!
Not that I want you to get any closer, Henry, but you can get half of that 3 seconds easily by getting some Kumho V710s. I figure they were 1-1/2 seconds faster on my car than the Azenis last Sat. Unfortunately, for the other 1-1/2 seconds I think you will need to put an "S" engine and 5-speed in your car. :D

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby Gary Burch on Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:56 pm

My congrats to Henry as well. I can't catch him now, if he has 710's I won't stand a chance. I will have to lose 50 lbs and take the rear window out of my Targa to even stay close.

Another great drive Henry!
Gary Burch
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions