PCA-SDR New Member Party Photos and videos!!!

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

PCA-SDR New Member Party Photos and videos!!!

Postby N3llynova on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi all,
Marc here, Social Media Chairperson and nominated to be a Board of Director for Your PCA, San Diego Region for the upcoming 2016 year. PCA-SDR welcomed our wonderful New PCA, San Diego Region Members to an all catered New Member Party at Nomad Slot Car Racing in Vista, CA. Catered food, drinks, crepe, live performer and of course the Free Slot Car Racing. It was a great day to bring the family! In case you missed it, photos and videos are up!

Photos can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 704&type=3

Video #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mE4mFn ... e=youtu.be

Video #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=I1KnnrQ5v9M

If you have the capabilities of producing quality photo collage and unique videos, please read below:

❇Attention: PCA-SDR Members Only Opportunity❇

Social media and the art of being interested.
Looking toward a career or have a passion in social media management, it’s best to start building your bridges as early as you can.

Social media is one of the hottest trends taking place in today's market. With Social Media you reach people all over the web in one place.

• PCA-SDR welcomes active PCA-SDR Members to be a part of our wonderful Social Media Team for the San Diego Region. If you are a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for designing and implementing a content strategy, creating relevant content, blogging, community participation and leadership then take this opportunity by direct messaging us or e-mail us at: socialmeda@pcasdr.org.
• We are now taking interested Porscheist ;)

Fast in, Faster out,
Dr. Marc Matanza
Social Media Chair
Porsche Club Of America Zone 8
2015 San Diego Region

P.S. For those of you interested to learn about your nominated candidate, Dr. Marc Matanza. Please read below:

DR. MARC MATANZA

It feels like I have been a member for years and years and feel at home with PCA, San Diego Region. It all started at the age of 16 when an all black Porsche 944 spiked my interest in the Iconic Porsche automobiles. Sadly, to my regret, I let it pass. Fast forward to a little over a decade, at the start of my professional career as a Chiropractor, the time had come...to revive the dream.

"To own a piece of Porsche history, the 40th Anniversary Limited Edition has a story to tell from race victories to modern innovation."

Hence, I am the proud owner of the 2004 Porsche 911 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (only 1,963 were produced). I would like to thank You and the Nomination Committee for electing me to be considered as part of the Board of Directors and am humbled and honored to accept this role, responsibility and deeply moved by it. I have always participated in car events, and attended many car shows, but I would consider myself a late bloomer. Since becoming a member in May of 2013, I jumped right in with no expectations, but to learn more about my Porsche and its capabilities. The journey was unexpected and I am amazed of the camaraderie between members, the laughter that's been shared, the commitment each member brings and how well organized the club is. I have attended Board and Member meetings, Driving tours, Rally tours, Concours, Performance Driving School, Last Tuesday Socials, tech sessions, Autocross events, unveiling of new Porsche's @ Hoehn and Porsche of SD, Banquets, Installation Dinners, Porsche Parade, most of the social events created by PCA-SDR, Krispy Kreme's C&C, and weekend getaways just to name a few.

More recently, PCA-SDR opened up a great opportunity in Social Media and I was considered, nominated and since early this year 2015, I have been the Official Social Media Chairperson of PCA-SDR. I created our Social Media Chair Job Description Roles and Responsibility and our Social Media Policy Guidelines as well as our 15 and continuing to grow social media profiles for PCA-SDR. If I may, Social Media Chairpersons from other Porsche Club Regions, including Ferrari Owner’s Club has approached me asking for tips and How-To’s as far as how we have accomplished to put PCA-San Diego Region on the World Wide Web map. In response, I have made several How-To’s and DIY (Do-It-Yourself) tutorials and templates. Social media is a great way for regions to stay in touch with its members and offer up to the minute information about the club’s activities.

I was also given opportunity to write an article in our Official Publication of PCA-SDR Windblown Witness. I wrote a traveler’s report that can be found in the April 2015 Issue for our Wine Tasting Social Event in the luscious Temecula Wine Country held on March 7th, 2015. In the same issue, John W Noerenberg II (Editor of Windblown Witness at that time, since then Dr. Greg Phillips is now the current Editor) and I had a successful sit down interview about my new position as Social Media Chairperson. You might ask, “Other than PCA-SDR, what other involvements are you a part of?” Great question, I am also an Ambassador for the OfficialPorsche 911 40th Anniversary Edition Registry in participating in the completeness and accuracy of the Porsche 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Registry listing. I have also assisted in promoting and supporting unity between the Porsche Owner’s Club and Porsche Club Of America, San Diego Region earlier this year. Reaching out to gain more volunteers for this year’s largest Porsche Event in the Southwest, Festival of Speed that was held on April 10th-12th, 2015 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA.

To offer a solid presence on the Board will go a long way, bringing this organization to the next level and possible opportunities with other regions and clubs and businesses. As part of my role as a Board Member, I will approach, engage, communicate and capture your voices and offer a diplomatic response and resolution and propose sound provision on our behalf. As a Porsche member, I found that the San Diego Region is alive and dynamic and to offer my service in return is gratifying.

I leave you with this quote from Dr. Ferdinand Porsche:

“Life itself is a race, marked by a start, and a finish. It is what we learn during the race, and how we apply it, that determines whether our participation has had particular value. If we learn from each success, and each failure, and improve ourselves through this process, then, at the end, we will have fulfilled our potential and performed well.”
– Dr. Ferdinand Porsche

:burnout:
Dr. Marc Matanza
Social Media Chair
Porsche Club Of America Zone 8
2015 San Diego Region
Dr. Marc Matanza
Social Media Chairperson
Porsche Club of America Zone 8

San Diego Region 2016
ImageMarc and Jane Porsche by N3llyNova, on Flickr
N3llynova