CARLSBAD CARS AND COFFEE

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

CARLSBAD CARS AND COFFEE

Postby BUCK BITTING on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:12 am

Went to the Costco in Carlsbad this Saturday to find out that Costco has a new general manager and the Cars and Coffee group are no longer welcome.
BUCK BITTING

Re: CARLSBAD CARS AND COFFEE

Postby Integral on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:48 pm

wow...what a bummer. any word on a new site?
Colin Wilson
2001 996TT - #158
1984 911 Carrera
Integral

Re: CARLSBAD CARS AND COFFEE

Postby rwalker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:03 pm

A bookface post outlined the situation. A new site has not yet been identified.

https://www.facebook.com/cbadcars/?fref=nf

I have unfortunate news. As many of you already know, this past weekend ‪#‎Costco‬ has relocated the GM that we had been dealing and his successor was not informed about our agreement to use the parking lot so I was asked to resend him our initial proposal so that he may get it cleared by Costco's legal team. I was just informed that due to no fault of our own they have decided that we can no longer use their parking lot for ‪#‎CbadCars‬. The reasons are purely legal/liability concerns extending beyond our meet. We accept their decision and will cooperate to shut down the meet at that location. THIS SATURDAY WILL BE THE FINAL CBAD CARS AT COSTCO AND I WILL MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THERE. ALL THE SAME RULES STILL APPLY AND WE WILL ALL BE ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR.
I ask for your help to find a new location, preferably within the city Carlsbad if possible, to help spread the word to keep anyone from showing up in subsequent weeks, and to also spread the word of our new location when one is determined. Please stay tuned to this page for updates. We are very sorry and will do our best to resurrect our gathering yet again. Thank you to everyone for your continued support. See you Saturday.
Rob Walker - #171
2004 Boxster S (Midnight Blue Metallic)
rwalker@rwalker.com
rwalker
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions