Chuckwalla hotels

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Chuckwalla hotels

Postby auxxcay on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 am

As noted on MSR the hotels in Indio are all booked for the concert. I looked at the ones in Blythe and chose the Clarion. It is a 3 star for $80. There is also a Hampton inn for $119. Hope we can make one of those two the defacto event hotel.
Cathy Young
auxxcay

Re: Chuckwalla hotels

Postby JayG on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Maybe it would be better to have a hotel in Blyth for the DE friday night class if most people will be in Blyth

Lots of rooms available in Blyth starting around $55/night

Only downside is it is ~ 1:45 further east on the 10 than Indio getting out there Friday afternoon
Upside is it is shorter drive to Cuckie in the morning

Just my 2¢.....
Jay Gedanken
Sliding down the slippery slope..
2004 986 S #990 (sold)
2004 996 Targa
JayG
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Just booked Red Roof for $50/night in Blythe, but if we are going to Blythe, everyone should stop at the track and the DE Class should just be held at the track to avoid making the DE people put on two classes. Then again, as form DE-CDI, I am biased to saving them work :roll:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby JayG on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:18 am

Jad wrote:Just booked Red Roof for $50/night in Blythe, but if we are going to Blythe, everyone should stop at the track and the DE Class should just be held at the track to avoid making the DE people put on two classes. Then again, as form DE-CDI, I am biased to saving them work :roll:

I would think that due to the hotel issue, most if not all of the DE students that have not attended the class will not be staying in the Indio area.
It may depend a bit on where Jim Abbott or whoever is doing the class is staying. I would think that finding a place at a hotel in Blythe would be best.
It would suck to do the class in Indio and then everyone has to drive close to 2 hours to their hotel.
Jay Gedanken
Sliding down the slippery slope..
2004 986 S #990 (sold)
2004 996 Targa
JayG
Time Trialer

Postby mrondeau on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:56 pm

JayG wrote:
Jad wrote:Just booked Red Roof for $50/night in Blythe, but if we are going to Blythe, everyone should stop at the track and the DE Class should just be held at the track to avoid making the DE people put on two classes. Then again, as form DE-CDI, I am biased to saving them work :roll:

I would think that due to the hotel issue, most if not all of the DE students that have not attended the class will not be staying in the Indio area.
It may depend a bit on where Jim Abbott or whoever is doing the class is staying. I would think that finding a place at a hotel in Blythe would be best.
It would suck to do the class in Indio and then everyone has to drive close to 2 hours to their hotel.

Since CVR is on the way to Blythe, most people can stop at the track on their way and, as you noted, the track is closer to Blythe. It's also an opportunity to tech at the track and figure out the paddock configuration for the newbies that haven't been there. I don't think anyone is advocating the class in Indio.
Mark Rondeau - Retired from club duties
1979 911SC #1 -Modified for track use.
2021 Toyota Tundra 4X4
mrondeau
Pro Racer

Return to General Discussions