Excellent Driving School

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Excellent Driving School

Postby Carl Scragg on Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:27 am

Kudos to Denise and Burl and all their helpers for an excellent Performance Driving School. It was the best organized and most well-run driving school that I can remember. Many thanks, Carl
Carl Scragg
Autocrosser

PDS

Postby Jackie C on Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:39 am

Agreed! Were the students more motivated this class or what? Maybe had something to do with the large group of DOD participants...There was alot of positive energy feeding between the students AND instructors and so well organized. Denise and Burl ran a well oiled "machine" and the lanyard idea was awesome. Most of the students even got Burl's cryptic humor! Almost as much fun to watch a student figure out and execute pitch and catch etc. as it is to drive it yourself. Just reaffirms what a unique club we have in SDR. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Jackie Corwin
Jackie C
Time Trialer

Postby David J Marguglio on Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:27 am

I too had a great time and extend kudos to Denise, Burl and all the volunteers (but mostly Jackie!) that put it all together. On a personal note, I would like to thank all of the instructors that made Alexis feel welcome and more confident in her driving. Special thanks to Bob who was outstanding with her, but has now likely doubled my tire bills. :cry:
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Postby JoseG on Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks Denise & Burl for such a awesome event! :D
Thanks Instructors for making this a extremely FUN and informative event. 14 runs in my last period, things were obviously running smoothly and we students were driving much faster. Thanks to Steve D. & the SDPD for the entertaining half time show. :roflmao:
Special thanks to Neil, your POSITIVE feedback & support was inspiring.
Thanks to ALL the instructors who gave us rides! :burnout: Porsche & SDR RULES!
Autocrosser
95' 993
JoseG

Postby Burl East on Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:32 pm

PCA SDR (students and instructors)

Thanks go to the countless volunteers that work this event. All the AX and Time trial volunteers and chairs, catering, tech, equipment and insurance and a thousand other details. Not to mention Black Forest's sponsorship and the time of 55 instructors.

Most thanks go to Denise - all of the really difficult and organizational stuff is her work (you didn't think for a minute that I had anything to do with it). So when you see her, make sure she knows how much everyone appreciated the event.

I also want to mention specifically Dan Chambers- he carries the load of two normal volunteers. Always working, always helping, always cheerful. :D
Burl East
X-CDI
#975 'David M' Stompin RS America
BMW Z8
Aston Martin DB9 (as soon as I get some scratch)
Burl East
Autocrosser

Postby Dan Chambers on Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:38 am

I concur, BIG thanks to Denise, and Burl for one of the best PDS's in my short history as Instructor. I really liked the punctuality of everyone; Instructors and students alike. It meant more track time for students, and happy Instructors. :D

I was also VERY impressed with the level of volunteerism coming from everyone there. Many hands makes for easier task completion. (As to Burl's comments on my behalf, I actually felt I worked less this time around than at other times, thanks to everyone else working as hard as me. However, I'm grateful for Burl's kind words....thanks, amigo! :wink: )

A couple of stand-outs I noticed: Jackie Corwin: Awesome food, girl! 8) Our President, Micheal Harris, who hung out both days ... all day ... helping out with logistics, and not taking any laps - grazie! :) Chuck Sharp, who also was there both days, helped with logistics, Instructing at the Accident Avoidance/Threshold Braking, and also drove all the way down from RB to volunteer 3 hours of his time to help me re-assemble my 944 on Friday afternoon, so I could drive on Sunday. :shock: Muchas Gracias, Chuck! :wink: :wink: Paul Silver, who was there from Friday night through Sunday PM taking photos, helping with logistics, and generally being "Helpful Paul." Thanks to you, sir. 8)

And, a HUGE thanks to my wife Monica Bockman for taking care of the food, understanding my addiction to all things PCA-SDR, and supporting me above her own desires. Honey, you're the BEST!

Great job everyone! Can't wait until Fall School! :D :D
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Denise Dente on Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:53 am

I'm so glad everyone had a great time. We simply could not put on this event without all the countless volunteers and instructors. The students and instructors were wonderful.

I'm getting coutless e-mails about how great the instructor were. THANK YOU, for your time, energy, and positive attitude. :lol: Instuctors.... I hope you will support the school in the fall which is my final event. Two years goes by fast!

Special thanks goes out to all those who took on extra tasks:

Burl, Black Forest, Steve, Jackie, Monica, Dan, Jerry/Glenn, Kim, Bill B. Michael H., Rikki, Tammy, Bob M., etc.

I'm proud to have worked with everyone.

Denise :D
Denise Dente

Return to General Discussions