March 4 AX Cancelled, April 15 AX Confirmed

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

March 4 AX Cancelled, April 15 AX Confirmed

Postby Andrew Raines on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:21 am

March 4 AX Cancelled
Last night, the board approved Mark Curran's recommendation to cancel the March 4 autocross due to the conditions of the South East lot. From Mark:

"The SE Lot did not survive the Monday storm. 70 % of the driving surface is covered in mud, sand, silt, and river debris. I have been in communication with the Stadium Authority throughout the week regarding the timing of cleanup procedures and the SE Lot will not be cleaned up in time for this weekend. Carl Lewis stopped by on Tuesday evening at my request to take a look and report back to me (thank you Carl) and I toured the Lot this evening while speaking with Stadium Authority. The SE Lot is not drivable. No other Lots are available this weekend so I am left with no choice but to cancel the event. I attended the monthly Board meeting this evening and informed the Board of the decision. Our next AX is April 2nd followed by an AX on April 15th.
Kind regards,
Mark"

April 15 AX Confirmed
Additionally, the board approved the recommendation to utilize the April 15 AX date.

Andrew
Andrew Raines
Autocrosser

Re: March 4 AX Cancelled, April 15 AX Confirmed

Postby Cajundaddy on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 am

For those who still need to scratch the performance driving itch in March, there is a little room on the grid for PCA-GPX Day Away event at Streets of Willow race track, Monday March 6th. This is also a Z8 AX points event so join Jim Binford and Roger Bush for 4 DE sessions of continuous lapping followed by AX timing at 3pm. This event is open to novice and experienced drivers but reg closes shortly so sign up today! :burnout:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/day ... rix-896451
Dave Hockett
09 Cayman 2.9L PDK #129 (with a few tweaks)
CC08
PCA GPX CDI- Past
PCA National DE Instructor
Cajundaddy
Time Trialer

Postby Dave Diamond on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I take it there's no groundswell of support for a "rallycross" event for Cayennes, C4s, and anyone else who doesn't mind getting dirty.:lol:
David J. Diamond #272
1979 911 SC Targa - Silver - CC02
1983 944 - Red - CC04/944 Spec
Formerly: 2002 Boxster - Black - CC04 - R.I.P, totalled March 2013
Dave Diamond
Autocrosser

Postby Ryan McClune on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Because of imminent rain in the forecast, I took the Cayenne out at the no-points event to shred the last of it's tires.

Rally-cross would have be 10000X more fun.

Jack Brennan, ever run the Evo in the mud?
Ryan McClune
2021 Chief Driving Instructor - Autocross
2021 PDS - Coming Soon
--
The Island of Misfit Toys:
2006 Atlas Grey Cayman S - #581
1973 Signal Orange 914 2.0
1974 Grey International Scout - DONKEE
2008 Oxford White-ish Ford E-350 4x4
Ryan McClune
Autocrosser

Postby LUCKY DAVE on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:27 pm

I'll bring the Suburban out again. It did pretty well in monsoon rain :shock: (LOL)
David Malmberg

2015-2016 AX CDI team
PCA National DE Instructor
member, Texas Mile 200 MPH club
"A finish is a win! Moderation is the key! More whine!"
LUCKY DAVE
Club Racer

Postby jbrennen on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Ryan McClune wrote:Jack Brennan, ever run the Evo in the mud?

Nope. It's got a super-stiff suspension and is lowered about 1.5 inches. It might have been a decent off-roader when it was stock, but those days are gone. :burnout:

I've driven it through snow that would send most cars to the nearest truck stop to wait out the storm -- but that was when it had the original suspension, and dedicated winter tires.

http://www.brennen.net/images/evohouse.jpg First winter with the car in Virginia, riding on full tread Dunlop Winter Sport M2 tires. Driving around in a performance AWD car on winter tires was a real eye-opener. I realized how absolutely unprepared most cars are for winter driving.
Jack Brennen
2015 Sapphire Blue Cayman GTS
https://www.facebook.com/jbrennen
jbrennen
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions