Positive Vibes for Keith

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Positive Vibes for Keith

Postby Old Guy on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Some things we talk about. Some things we don't. My feeling is that it can only be a positive for all of us to "talk about" our dear friend Keith and in this context individually and collectively send Positive Vibes. Most of our personal challenges we prefer to keep to ourselves. Fair enough. That said: once we know a dear friend is facing challenges my sense is that it can only be a positive for us to individually and collectively wish him the best with prayers and best wishes. Tooi and I are sending ours: Positive Vibes.
Jim "Old Guy" Dunlap
2017 Carrera 911 7 speed stick, Lava Orange :lol:
2017 Macan S, Sapphire Blue
2005 Volvo V50 Spt Wagon, Passion Red
2003 Morgan +8, Silver body with Dark Blue Wings
Old Guy
Time Trialer

Re: Positive Vibes for Keith

Postby LUCKY DAVE on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Keith is my friend.
He is just about the nicest guy ever, always ready to jump right in without being asked for anyone who needs help, a role model for us all.
I know for sure that I'm not alone, all my club friends (and there are a lot of them) feel this way.
Get well buddy!
David Malmberg

2015-2016 AX CDI team
PCA National DE Instructor
member, Texas Mile 200 MPH club
"A finish is a win! Moderation is the key! More whine!"
LUCKY DAVE
Club Racer

Postby Jad on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:28 am

Get well soon!

All 911 talk should be about Porsches, not ambulances!
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby ttweed on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 am

In my 20 years of membership, I can't think of anyone who has been a more enthusiastic and effective supporter of the club's mission "to increase the enjoyment of Porsche ownership by exchanging technical information and participating in such automotive and social events as may be agreeable to the members" than Keith. His open, friendly, witty, and naturally gregarious character engages everyone he meets and makes them feel welcome and involved in a way that is so genuine it cannot be ignored, even by a borderline anti-social curmudgeon like myself. No matter what type of club event you may attend, Keith is always there to help out in any way necessary, offering his organizational skills, knowledge, and constant, infectious joie de vivre to the proceedings.

There are many folks who contribute much to the club in quiet ways, behind the scenes, whom I respect and admire greatly, but Keith is special in the way that he is willing to put himself out front, be a ringmaster to encourage fun and enjoyment at every event, to put people at ease by exercising his prodigious sense of humor and empathy, relaxing the tension and inhibitions that are always inherent when many near-strangers convene for a common activity. This is a special and rare skill of true leadership that I appreciate precisely because I find it so difficult to emulate myself, I suppose. The news of his absence on Sunday put a hole in my heart.

I am so thankful that he had Martha there to help him get quick and effective treatment, and can only imagine the gut-wrenching anguish this emergency must have caused her as well. I am wishing for the best for both of them, and pray for Keith's rapid and complete recovery from this life-threatening illness. I hope he can be back soon to take his usual place as head cheerleader and chief fun-hog at our events.
 :bowdown:

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby cag4 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:40 pm

I think Tom said it really well -- Keith is always there, always willing to help, and always standing for the club, the people, and "Camaraderie"!

Personally, a ride in his RS America (which the crazy man even let me drive!) was responsible in no small part for my selling the M491 Cab and buying 70RSR, so I could do some proper racing. Even more important, time he spent with my wife Katrin, helping her get comfortable with speed in her Boxster, has helped her to understand and encourage my passion for the sport.

Get well and get back, Keith!

Charles
Charles Gillespie
2004 996 GT3 “SL8 GT3”
2001 996 C2 “RTR0996”
1970 911 RSR “70RSR”
cag4
Autocrosser

Postby btiano0132 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:08 pm

While not knowing any specifics, Kiki and I were saddened to hear of Keith's illness during our recent travels with the club. He is an individual that has a great spirit and a major contributor to the success of our club. We hope and pray for his speedy recovery and look forward to seeing and hearing him at the driver's meeting of an upcoming AX or backcountry tour!
Brett A. Tiano
'04 911 40th Anniversary
'85 944 #114
'69 911T
'69 Karmann Ghia (Kiki's)
'90 VW Vanogan Multivan
'13 Panamera S
btiano0132

Postby John Straub on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:13 am

Keith,

Both Monique and I wish you a speedy recovery, the club needs your smiling face to come out and join us again.

John
Last edited by John Straub on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
John Straub...51 year member...PCASDR
1965 911
1967 911
1970 914/6GT,(Sold)
Websitehttp://www.JohnStraubImageWorks.com
Pushin' the hands of time back at,"Along For The Ride" http://www.johnstraub.blogspot.com
John Straub
Club Racer

Postby niche on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 am

A true enthusiast and a good friend. Keith, get well, soon, buddy.

We love you,

Javier and Victoria
Javier Varon
2014-2016 PCASDR Board
http://www.EndeavorGroupRealEstate.com
niche

Postby Blue Max on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:57 pm

I found out that Keith was in the hospital when I was at Kaiser attending a class. Sorry to hear about the medical emergency but Kathy and I send our well wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.
John Ma
Blue Max

Postby Cajundaddy on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:21 am

Prayers and positive vibes for Keith. Heal quickly and recover well. I will see you in the grid buddy.

I'd throw in a little Brit humor if I had any. :mrgreen:
Dave Hockett
09 Cayman 2.9L PDK #129 (with a few tweaks)
CC08
PCA GPX CDI- Past
PCA National DE Instructor
Cajundaddy
Time Trialer

Postby Old Guy on Tue May 02, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm just back from a week+ work trip to Thailand. Anyone have an update to share?
Jim "Old Guy" Dunlap
2017 Carrera 911 7 speed stick, Lava Orange :lol:
2017 Macan S, Sapphire Blue
2005 Volvo V50 Spt Wagon, Passion Red
2003 Morgan +8, Silver body with Dark Blue Wings
Old Guy
Time Trialer

Postby sf.in.sd on Thu May 04, 2017 7:44 am

I was waiting for someone with more info to respond, but here is what I know...

He showed up in the morning at the 4/15 AX and seemed to be his usual annoying self. You know- engaging in camaraderie and being helpful.

I think Karen (Madam President) drove him to the event and he was under strict doctor's orders not to drive or get rides on the course, lest the guilty parties risk suffering the wrath of Martha.

Shawn
Shawn Flanagan
1987 924S - Spec 944 (co-owner SFRS Racing)
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
2012 Cayman R (by loan from spouse for occasional spirited driving)
sf.in.sd
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions